• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Customer Service Experience

I am an IT guy and we have a fleet of around 250 PDAs and 300 air cards. I have dealt with Verizon for 8 years my on my personal account as well. And for what it's worth this is how I see it.

1. Your customer service experience will always vary. When you call someone you don't know if they have just spilled their coffee, hate their wife etc. That may result in a less than pleasant experience for you. I mean we are all human and some days we don't want to be at work.

2. When you are going to the store make sure it is a CORPORATE Verizon store. You can usually tell the difference because they will typically advertise that they are an Authorized Reseller. These guys have half or less the ability to affect your account than customer service and are hesitant to replace your phone cuz it comes off their numbers. Also they usually will not bill anything to you account.

In the corp store the customer service folks are looking at the same terminal screen and connected to the same network as the folks on the phone. They can and will replace your phone or fix it. They can do ANYTHING to your account they need to.

But once again someone there may also be having a bad day. You've had one. Try and keep that in mind !!

So that's my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
When you call someone you don't know if they have just spilled their coffee, hate their wife etc. That may result in a less than pleasant experience for you. I mean we are all human and some days we don't want to be at work.
I don't accept that.... (Some) People can separate their personal life with their work. If they can't, they're in the wrong business (job). Their personal problem(s) are NOT mine.

Upvote 0
I don't accept that.... (Some) People can separate their personal life with their work. If they can't, they're in the wrong business (job). Their personal problem(s) are NOT mine.

As rude as it may sound, I agree with this. I am calling because I decided to buy a phone, and now 6 phones later, they still don't work.... He's having a bad day!!!?????? What about me!? LOL

Upvote 0

So, you're allowed to be human, but they're not???

I've spent many years in CS (e-commerce. has to be the worst of the worst), and yes. In a perfect world, your personal problems should not affect the level of CS you provide. But guess what, they're people.

Not saying anyone here has, but you come at them with an attitude, guess what's going to come back to you?? And, if they're having a bad day/week/year, it's going to be that much harder for them to not react to what's being thrown at them.

You might be having a problem with your phone or service. The CS rep is having problems with dozens of people a day with the same problem, a boss that's throwing performance quotas at him/her, and a system that wants them to perform miracles (i.e. keep customers happy) without spending the system's money to do it, and a personal life.

I am NOT saying some of the people that get into CS have absolutley no business being there, because they are naturally rude, clueless, or too thin skinned for the job. They are out there. I've had to try and retrain and/or fire some of them. Like any other job skill, you have your pros, your stars, your naturals, and the ones that everyone wants to see fired.

What I am asking is that when you do have to talk to a CS rep, keep in mind they aree generally younger folks, who are new to the working world in general, and for the most part, people that truely want to help you with your problem(s) within the limits and tools given them.

Upvote 0
So, you're allowed to be human, but they're not???

I've spent many years in CS (e-commerce. has to be the worst of the worst), and yes. In a perfect world, your personal problems should not affect the level of CS you provide. But guess what, they're people.

Not saying anyone here has, but you come at them with an attitude, guess what's going to come back to you?? And, if they're having a bad day/week/year, it's going to be that much harder for them to not react to what's being thrown at them.

You might be having a problem with your phone or service. The CS rep is having problems with dozens of people a day with the same problem, a boss that's throwing performance quotas at him/her, and a system that wants them to perform miracles (i.e. keep customers happy) without spending the system's money to do it, and a personal life.

I am NOT saying some of the people that get into CS have absolutley no business being there, because they are naturally rude, clueless, or too thin skinned for the job. They are out there. I've had to try and retrain and/or fire some of them. Like any other job skill, you have your pros, your stars, your naturals, and the ones that everyone wants to see fired.

What I am asking is that when you do have to talk to a CS rep, keep in mind they aree generally younger folks, who are new to the working world in general, and for the most part, people that truely want to help you with your problem(s) within the limits and tools given them.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. The problem what that i have is if I am having a problem and i'm acting completely nice and polite, then they get rude.... Which is uncalled for. I never blame the rep for the problems i am having, and most of the time they are great.

Upvote 0
About a year ago I went through a divorce and tried taking my wife off of my account because she was racking up my bill. The account was only in my name and my wife already agreed to call in to assume liability on her line. When I explained this to the customer service rep she asked why I was getting divorced I told her it was none of her business and explained that I just needed her to note the account to indicate that she would be calling in to assume liability of her line. She responded by asking me what gave me the right to remove her from my account and said that I shouldn't be making my wife do something she didn't want to do and continued by suggesting that I continue paying for her phone... oh ya, and refused to change my password, even though I am the primary account holder. When I told her She was out of line and asked for her supervisor she hung up on me... go figure.

i work in phone tech support for vzw.

the above is unacceptable. dont take this as the norm.

i try to fix the situation, wether biliing or tech support. I usually succeed. as do my colluegues. (did i spell that right?)

sorry about that. personally i hope that individual isnt representing our company anymore.

Upvote 0
i work in phone tech support for vzw.

the above is unacceptable. dont take this as the norm.

i try to fix the situation, wether biliing or tech support. I usually succeed. as do my colluegues. (did i spell that right?)

sorry about that. personally i hope that individual isnt representing our company anymore.

You guys do a great job, and next to apple customer support, verizon over the phone has been the best. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Just had an excellent customer service experience at the Verizon store in Edwardsville, IL. I went in because my son's Samsung Intensity's USB cable wasn't connecting. The phone is about four months old and I expected a fight. I went in there first thing in the morning when everyone was still in a good mood and started off with how happy I was that my Eris got the OTA this weekend. They were also excited about it and pulled out their Eris' and compared new features. When we got to talking about the Samsung with a problem, they swapped it out with a replacement no-questions asked. I didn't have a warranty on the phone but they replaced it. I spend $2K/year with Verizon and feel I get pretty good service.

Upvote 0
Switched from AT&T to Verizon about 2.5 years ago because AT&T CS was the absolute worst. I've had to call VZW plenty of times since I switched and every time has been a good experience.

The most memorable one was when I was trying to sacrifice my upgrade so my mom could get her phone upgraded instead. The rep hooked me up and asked if he could do anything else for me. I said something along the lines of 'no I took up enough of your time' in a joking way and without missing a beat he said in a dead serious tone "Sir, when you call, it is not MY time, it's YOUR time. Please remember that we are here for you!". That made my day. I immediately sent off an email commending him for the great CS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones