• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] cwm wont flash to my phone

i'm trying to flash clockwork mod to my gs4 through rom manager but when i reboot into recovery it is the stock recovery. any ideas why?

I have heard of some problems like this with ROMmanager. I have used Odin for flashing recoveries for several years now and it always seems to work fine.
That being said you must have either unlocked bootloader (dev edition) or use a Lokied recovery if you are MDK build. ME7 you can use Safestrap recovery. Past that you can root but dunno about safestrap

Reactions: Paradox07
Upvote 0
I have heard of some problems like this with ROMmanager. I have used Odin for flashing recoveries for several years now and it always seems to work fine.
That being said you must have either unlocked bootloader (dev edition) or use a Lokied recovery if you are MDK build. ME7 you can use Safestrap recovery. Past that you can root but dunno about safestrap

i have the MDK build. could you explain how to flash cwm through odin?

Upvote 0
i have the MDK build. could you explain how to flash cwm through odin?

You need Loki. You will need to head over xda-developers forum and find the Verizon Galaxy S4 Development section & also the general Q&A. The devopment section has instructions and links to needed files for Lokied recoveries. You are one of the lucky ones with MDK so you can flash all sorts of roms for this device. Just don't take any OTA updates & you should be fine and happy to have such versatility with your phone.

Reactions: Paradox07
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones