Verizon denies us the SGSIIGeneral

Last Updated: 2011-08-30 17:20:02
  1. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

The lack of the SGSII coming to Verizon probably relates to the reports of the Samsung phone roaming their halls with an HD display. While this seemingly is bad news (no SGSII), I have just bumped my "Nexus Prime" October availability barometer up several notches. Blessing in disguise? Maybe...or maybe not if you've been waiting too long already.

Advertisement
  2. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

In a way I think this bodes well for the Nexus Prime rumors. I also think that the quick release of BGR story that a "similar" Samsung phone was launching soon was a necessary leak by VZW for damage control.

Anything short of a fall NP release and I think I am going to change carriers.:eek:
  3. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

4. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

P R I M E

On the hunt for more leaks, rumors, and innuendos. :p
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

That is exactly correct...they will release the prime some.time after they get all they can out of the charge and bionic

Don't be sad ....the version Verizon is getting is going to be far superior
  6. YKDZ

YKDZ New Member

Hey CK good to see you over here. I still believe in your source. Thanks for the info.
    cereal killer likes this.
  7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Meh, looks really fake.... Hopefully the NP comes to Verizon. My Droid (and my wife's) are starting to really show their age. The Bionic looks alright, but if it's locked down as much as the D3, I'll pass.
  8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

The Nexus Prime really does have the opportunity to be the best phone out there. Still disappointed that a regular SGS2 isn't coming to Verizon anyways though, as the more choice the better.
  9. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

10. magdelaine

I'm a believer! This looks way more solid than anything we saw on the SGS2. If VZW comes out with the Prime within 45 days of the Bionic, all is forgiven. ;)
  11. dr01d3tte

dr01d3tte Well-Known Member

They better ramp up that camera resolution - 5 Mpx is in the current specs, everyone else is sporting 8. That's the only thing I don't like about the NP and it is a deal killer for me.
  12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

5MP isn't necessarily worse than 8MP. It depends a lot on the sensors. I've seen 8MP take super crappy photos in low lighting conditions.
  13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I agree, upon second inspection. The lawyers supposedly write:

"By this letter, Samsung orders you to immediate cease, desist, and refrain from any and all such activities."

I don't know how anyone can "immediate" do anything. And this is written by a team of lawyers who write this stuff all the time? Methinks it's most likely written by a teenager over his milk and cookies on his mom's computer. :rolleyes:
  14. wow, i was deadset on the bionic, but if Prime is getting wifi certification, that means its built already.

this makes me think twice about Bionic. :)
  15. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

This was literally my face when I read this a few mins ago:
    [​IMG]

Anyhow, my OG is on it's last wooden leg and the only saving grace right now is the latest Simply Stunning ROM...

That being said, my upgrade is Sept. 5 -- guess what, not renewing contract as of yet. Sprint has nice prices, and I am tired of Moto peddling. I have an OG now, had a D2 (went to my GF), and had a DX2 (which was buggy as hell) -- so I am DONE with Moto.

I will wait out Q4 the best I can. If there isn't a really baller phone by that time I am going to Sprint. I am not even looking at anything until the 29th info comes out.

Maybe there IS a better sammy coming out instead of the SGII - but again more waiting and possible disappointment. I will wait, but not sure how far into Q4 I can actually sit here with my thumb up there...
  16. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

It looks like Prime is coming for sure. But how do we know Verizon is getting it first if at all? Some folks on other forums are saying it's going to AT&T first.
  17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Exactly! This is what makes me go back and forth between being proud of my self control in bypassing the Bionic, and feeling like an idiot waiting for the prize that will never come.

[​IMG]
  18. magdelaine

Check out the Nexus Prime forum...it's said that Verizon is first carrier for Prime according to P3Droid and others.
    Sandroidfan likes this.
  19. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Nice! I didn't even know that there was a nexus prime forum! Thanks!
  20. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

As I have said before, My Sammy source says the same
    kyler13 and Sandroidfan like this.
  21. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

8MP is about bragging rights, nothing more. 5MP is enough for hard copies up to poster sized, and as already noted the lens/sensor is surely the limiting factor.
  22. magdelaine

It just occurred to me that we should have taken the deletion of the Function forum as a sign. As a phone it never really existed, and whammo the "accident" happened. Was it really an accident, or was it fate?

(Just having some fun.)
  23. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

I think Function was supposed to be 3G SGSII on verizon and they just decided to pass on it. Maybe they didn't want to look bad next to other carriers SGSII that will be marketed as 4G phones. I think they will get something better soon like Celox or Prime with different name.
  24. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I think Celox will be announced in Berlin on September 1, as a SGSII Plus (with LTE). Seeing as it's an 800MHz LTE, though, that means strictly Europe only. They might release it in USA by the Spring, but I doubt it, given that the Prime will basically be the same specs.
  25. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Would a 700MHz LTE chip be that much different in size? :confused:

Seems an easy task to put a Verizon LTE chip in the same chassis and rock on. In the absence of an imminent Prime release, Celox would be a close second. I would jump at the chance to own either one.