• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon denies us the SGSII

Would a 700MHz LTE chip be that much different in size? :thinking:

Seems an easy task to put a Verizon LTE chip in the same chassis and rock on. In the absence of an imminent Prime release, Celox would be a close second. I would jump at the chance to own either one.

Technically that wouldn't be big deal for Samsung. But I think it's more up to Verizon if they want that phone or not, and if so when to release it. Same goes for Prime. Verizon clearly seems to favor Apple, Moto and want to give them good starting on Bionic, iPhone5.

Upvote 0
it shouldn't technically be hard to throw in a VZW 4g chipset in there, but was it hard to release a 3G US version of the SGSII 4 months ago?

Decisions to release or not release a phone in the US at the same time or shortly after European release involve factors I know nothing about. But Sammy has a track record of lagging in releasing to the US in a timely fashion, which makes me doubt we'll see the Celox any time soon.

The Prime is a different matter entirely, since it's a Google device and has nothing to do with Samsung other than manufacturing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones