[Verizon] Downsides to 4.3, reasons to stay at 4.2.2?

Last Updated:

1. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member

I'm still on 4.2.2 / MI1. Are there any downsides to updating to 4.3? I'm using my Verizon S4 on Straight Talk via AT&T and connect to HSPA / HSPA + just fine. Does 4.3 make that more difficult to do, is it possible to use the TMobile LTE 2100 MHz AWS band on the Verizon S4 with that update? Lastly I assume rooting and bootstrap are very much available?

2. xmguy1

xmguy1 Well-Known Member

3. Stay on 4.2.2 4.3 has a locked bootloader.
  4. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Yea, but what if you have to have your phone replaced because it won't charge anymore? Is there anything to be done? I have a ton of apps that require root and would simply have to seek out a different model/brand if I couldn't root it.
  5. That really shouldnt have any issue. If you change to another phone just transfer everything to the new phone.
  6. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Not going to help if I can't root the replacement phone.
  7. Sooner than later a root comes to the phone just takes time for developers to achieve. Its not something that happens over night
  8. zetodavido

zetodavido Member

I really liked the 4.3 update. My phone had no issues. The bootloader is locked but you can root with Safe Root. Now I'm having a few issues on Kitkat and waiting desperately for a root solution. Wish I had my old setup!