Verizon Droid eris Downgrade w/ ROOT to 1.5 cupcake/sense

Last Updated:

1. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Yes i tried it earlier today. Works just fine. Just do a factory reset and erase the d(whatever it is) cache and flash with that rom. It gave me the stock 1.5 os with root access and superuser privledges and kept the amon recovery image intact.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

thats pretty cool, but i guess once you go back to 1.5 with this you cannot go to the 2.1 w/root rom?

im kinda attached to 2.1 myself...

4. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

He said it's 1.5 with root and the amon recovery image. With that, one should be able to do anything they want. I'll wait for a few to try it myself... :D If it really seems to work, I'll do it.

5. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

jwm2, please clarify. Did this downgrade work for a 2.1 leak or a 2.1 root?

Thanks!

6. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he was already rooted; check his other posts and you'll see he's been talking about root for a while.

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

It worked for a rooted phone running the sense-able v2 rom which is the ota 2.1 rooted leak. You need amons recovery image to be able to use it as that is how you flash it. Its just like installing any other rom (grdlocks, ivans, etc) you flash it from sd card from the recovery console and then reboot the phone. Just make sure to clear the caches first before flashing it or else you may end up in the endless loop until you do.

8. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Anyhow once i flashed it with the rollback rooted 1.5 rom it functioned the same as it did out of the box but with root access and superuser priviledges. The nice thing about it though was the apps i had previously not had access to that were paid for reappeared. This would allow you to backup those files and go back to 2.1 rooted leak if you were so inclined. Also the fact that the recovery console was intact and i made a nandroid backup before doing the rollback gives me the option to go back exactly the way it was before the rollback.

9. IzelTokatl

Jwm2, so you used it on a 1.5 flash to 2.1 root install right? Not the leaked 2.1 v1 or v2 ROMs (that didn't have root)? Correct, just want to be clear.

Eh, I may just be a Guinea pig and attempt to flash down my 2.1 (non-root leak) to see if it works. If it gets bricked i'll just get another phone.

10. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

The problem is you won't be able to flash it because you don't have the recovery console you need to read and apply the files. But if you know of another way then you can try, but i'm sure someone else already has and i've not heard of it working on a non rooted phone, so its all on you if something goes wrong or it bricks the phone.

11. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

This will not work unless you are already rooted ..... you have no way to flash this with out already being rooted

12. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Can this thread be moved to the Root subforum?

13. false_apology

false_apology Well-Known Member

I saw this and there was a brief moment of excitement thinking the 2.1 leaks had been rooted, but alas, that is not the case. :-/

14. sanderjm

sanderjm Active Member

Yes...please move this thread. I about had a heart attacking thinking we got a rollback.

AndroidFantic likes this.
  15. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

same ... idk why that was put here.

16. jxnrxy

jxnrxy Well-Known Member

i was excited to downgrade to 1.5 so i could root...this should def be in the ALL THINGS ROOT, thanks for getting my hopes up IzelTokatl

17. IzelTokatl

I put it in the main forum because I have no ROOT (I'm using v2 of 2.1 leak), and I wanted to see if anyone that was NON-Rooted had downgraded to 1.5... simple logic. Move it since the answer is... no =-\