Verizon Employees Train Incredible this WeekGeneral

Last Updated:

1. scoobysnack

scoobysnack Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A long time friend of mine works for Verizon in San Diego. His regional Manager notified him last Friday that they will go to training on the HTC Incredible this week. I'll keep you posted if he updates me on any pending release date while he is in training on the phone.

Does anyone else agree that this is the absolute longest release of a phone?!!?!?

Advertisement
    KevinTernes, foreWard, Skyys and 30 others like this.
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Hopefully this means it will be getting release sometime soon! Ive been waiting for the release of this phone it seems like its never going to happen.

3. GixxerMan51

GixxerMan51 Well-Known Member

great info man! keep us updated!

4. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Yeah great piece of info. It looks like we will get official specs this week!

5. spartan141

spartan141 Well-Known Member

Awesome
    i can't wait to get a phone i hope it comes out in the next 2 weeks

6. gregbridwell

gregbridwell Well-Known Member

I think the X10 still has the record for the longest wait for release!

7. eth555

eth555 Member

Very long release, with a very small trickle of information coming out. Hopefully we will get some confirmed specs this week then! Fingers crossed!

8. ag04

ag04 Member

See if your friend can get a few pictures of this phone, because a lot of people are starting to call shenanigans on EVERYTHING. So much so, I'm starting to get a little discouraged myself. Or ask him to tell us something we don't know about the phone, as sort of proof. Not trying to call him or you out, just looking for a little more verification than what we've had (because apparently photos are losing credibility) Thanks!

9. GeeDub29

GeeDub29 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else agree that this is the absolute longest release of a phone?!!?!?[/QUOTE]

I just hope it's worth the wait.

10. nickacs

nickacs Well-Known Member

+1... Not saying anything shady here, but seeing pics of the phone and any info during his training would help the community a lot! :) Can't wait for more updates!

11. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

After the wait the phone better be worth it after they are making us wait what seems like forever!

12. alewifebp

alewifebp Well-Known Member

No. I think that belongs to the Omnia. I go through this waiting game every 1-2 years. At one point, I was waiting for a phone that eventually did not come out all, technically making that an infinite wait.

13. hornyhippo

hornyhippo Well-Known Member

How long are the trainings so we can get an idea of the release dates. how about previous lenght of trainings on the droid and release date of the droid. that will gives us a brighter idea.

14. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

15. StevenV

StevenV Well-Known Member

good news rumor of the day

16. jacobsen23

jacobsen23 Active Member

There are a lot of people here who either work for Verizon or have friends who work there. Can anyone else confirm this?

17. scoobysnack

Really looks like Steve is concerned about a phone that actually can compete/ best the current Iphone. So let's see... Apple filing Law Suit to prevent shipments of HTC phones to the US. Now all of a sudden they are releasing details of the 4G Iphone OS lol:

Apple’s iPhone 4.0 OS to be revealed Thursday Boy Genius Report

I have always told my buddy that works for Verizon. If there is a phone that comes out (for Verizon) that is comparable to the Iphone or better AT&T better watch out. In my area AT&T is a ****ing Joke!

18. scoobysnack

He has the day off today. But I told him that all the Geeks on here including myself are wanting a picture! He said he will try to take a shot of it with his phone and send it to me. Like I said before I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I hear more.

The good news is that Greg isn't some 18year old kid. He is in his mid 40's so when he tells me something I believe em LOL. He is excited about the phone as well as he is wanting to dump his BB for it.

clb likes this.
  19. weaksauce

weaksauce Active Member

Yeah. my Friend also said he was going in for some training on a new phone. He didnt' know exactly what phone. He went in for training last week but now he's in vegas partying so i don't want to bother him. When he gets back from vegas i head out to vegas. Hopefully by the time i get back there will be more info on these forums. solid info.

20. rion_j

rion_j Well-Known Member

great thread! keep the info coming...thanks!

21. Hockey152

Hockey152 Well-Known Member

I'm heading to vegas too this weekend :D and hoping by the time I get back theres something exciting!

22. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member

Every day Verizon waits to release this phone, they lose possible customers....I've been saying this for awhile. This is the perfect time to release this thing before the new Iphone HD and Evo 4G come out. Apple clearly sees that and are stepping up their game by showing off some new Iphone HD stuff.....THURSDAY. Wow....if only Verizon could ever get a clue.....but hopefully they will release the Incredible faster now?

23. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

its called a text message.......use them. no need to play this waiting game if he potentially has/will have some info.

24. nated86

nated86 New Member

I think the Motorola Razr holds the record.

25. miniSQ

miniSQ Well-Known Member

yes nothing stresses me out more when i am partying than to get a text...good call not bothering him:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

weaksauce likes this.