Verizon Eris ESN problemsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. joedroid

joedroid Member This Topic's Starter

I bought an Eris off craigslist and didn't think about calling in the ESN first. Obviously it was a scam and the guy reported it stolen 15 minutes after I paid him $275.

I heard there are some loopholes around this.

Anyone know how to get it activated again?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

If you used Paypal, you should be able to get your money back.

3. joedroid

craigslist, cash. Not worried about the money anymore, just want to see if I can use the phone somehow.

4. r2d2

r2d2 Well-Known Member

Did you keep a copy the craigslist ad? Print it out and any emails that you might have done between yourself and the person that sold you the phone.

Sounds like (to me) that this person had insurance on the phone, sells it to you and then reports it stolen to get a new one.

You should be able to show Verizon the email transactions and prove you did in fact purchase this phone. Otherwise, you are in procession of stolen property and not sure if you will be able to use this phone.

I could make sure and ask my Verizon Rep on Monday when I talk to him.

5. joedroid

I have an email from the original guy who sold a bunch of phones to the guy I bought it from, explaining the series of events and how they both knew about the plan to sell lost/stolen phones and about unlocking them.

I actually have enough information to get them both in legal trouble (fraud), but the problem is, Verizon's insurance company sounded like they didn't care much. I'm sure the police don't care as they have bigger fish to fry. And I don't have time for anything else.

Still doesn't get me a phone. By the time I spend more time and energy, the passion/dragon phone will be out and it wont matter much.

6. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Soak it in salt water, then pour syrup on it and turn it in to Verizon and say you found it at the guys address. That guy was a dick.

7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I feel bad for you, I would keep calling customer care until someone helps you.

8. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

Wait about a year and then slash the tires on his car. Chances are he will have ripped off so many people in that year he won't have any idea who actually slashed his tires. He'll probably spend about $400+ on replacing the tires.

NOTE: I am in no way advocating retaliation or destruction of any property. I was only kidding.

9. joedroid

If anything, it's good to see so many cool people here who have made be feel better. Thanks for the kindness and support.

Tires, too funny. Salt water and syrup, too funny.

10. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

It's too late now, lol. j/k as well!