• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon exaggerating "shortage"?

ryanx27

Mar 27, 2010
Verizon keeps increasing the "will be shipped by" date on their site -- first it said "shipped by 5/7", now it says "shipped by 5/14".

I ordered my phone late last night, got a shipping notification this morning. I'll have the phone tomorrow.

Is Verizon trying to make people think the phone is backordered so they'll pull the trigger and buy now before further possible delays? I have to admit, it worked on me... :eek:

Yes but you are asked to put in your zip code before you can shop for phones and accessories. Wouldn't they take into account your area when you do that?
I wouldn't be at all suprised if those two functions are completely seperate. The initial zip is to see whether the features offered by the phone are available in your area. I'd bet money that order fulfillment is completely seperate, and the ship date is a factor of the longest expected time based on inventory in all their warehouses.

And it's a "ship by" date, not a "ship on" date.

Upvote 0
Best Buy is not. They are having to juggle supply from one store to another just to meet pre-orders. Perhaps Verizon held back supply, but Best Buy deals with customer's being mad, either way.

Best Buy and VZW Stores both don't have any/many in stores and can both order them for you. There seems to only be a short supply for immediate sale but they can order more and have them shipped within 24 hours.

Upvote 0
Best Buy and VZW Stores both don't have any/many in stores and can both order them for you. There seems to only be a short supply for immediate sale but they can order more and have them shipped within 24 hours.

This is true, before I ordered yesterday I called my closest 2 stores to see if they had the Inc in stock. Both places said that all the stores in town (Miami) were sold out. However, they didn't mention anything about being able to order them and have them shipped to me, though... do they still get commission on that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones