Verizon Extended battery does not workSupport

Last Updated:

1. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i just bought the official extended battery for the Droid x off of the verizon online store. the battery worked fine for the first day i bought it and now it makes my phone randomly shut off when i am using it. i can use my phone for about 5 - 10 minutes before the battery causes it to shut off randomly. i have no idea why it does this because it says the battery is fully charged and i had it in the charger over night and it still does this. i feel like i have wasted 50$ on this battery and i cant even use it now. does any one know if there is a way i can fix this?

Advertisement
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

find a way to fully drain the battery then do a full charge

3. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

how can i drain the battery if i cant even keep the phone on for more then 5 minutes?

4. willyjay

willyjay Active Member

Has to be a bad battery....can you return it for a new one??

Mine is working great, been off the charger since 5:30am and still have 50%.

5. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

call verizon they will exchange it.

6. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

i had the same issue. took the battery to a vzw store and got it exchanged. i think the batteries are faulty; running it down won't help.

7. pitbullguy

pitbullguy Member

Definitely sounds like a faulty battery. I've had the extended battery for a month and couldn't be more pleased. Here is part of a post of mine in the accessories page. This is referencing my experience with the extended battery:

"As for performance - wow! I couldn't be more pleased. As a reference, and according to the current battery manager stats, I have had it off the charger for almost 16 hours. It's at 20% still. Voice calls = 61% (4 hours, 6min) Display = 14% (3hrs 1 min). The next highest % is cell standby at 5% (all other number are less than 5%, so won't go into those). Lots of calling (see above), text messaging, downloads, tons of e-mails and a couple of games.

I am a heavy user of smartphones - always have been by the nature of work. I have NEVER had a phone with this kind of useage that I didn't have to plug in or swap batteries at least a couple of times a day."

8. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

exchange it, mine works fine. you probably just got a bad one

9. Booya

Booya Well-Known Member

Phew good thing im not the only one with the problem. Received my battery on Wednesday and notice some random shut off since then.