Verizon 'Extended Network' - LG Ally freezes and reboots?

Last Updated:

1. mlynnc

mlynnc New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought an LG Ally from a local Verizon store last week and it has been an awesome little phone.

I had to travel an hour away to do some training for work this past week and while I was there, I never seemed to have a Verizon connection - my phone always said 'Extended Network'. While my phone said 'Extended Network', my phone would freeze up and reboot quite a lot. There wasn't anything in particular that would cause this to happen - I could be using Facebook, the browser or simply be on the 'Home' screen. This only seems to happen when connected to 'Extended Network', when I was connected to Verizon... I had no problems.

Is this normal? :confused: Thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. dots

dots Well-Known Member

I've never had the extended network happen on my ally. And i've used it and google navigator to travel from Michigan to Louisiana and back. Maybe it's just your location? What's your signal like.

3. mlynnc

mlynnc New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your help. When I'm at home, my signal is pretty average... one to two out of four bars. I don't have any problems here though. My problems only seem to occur when I am in 'Extended Network' and connected to that, I had all four bars!

Strange... :rolleyes: