• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Family Plan Question

You can (at least in my experience) use another lines upgrade as well. I'm (luckily) still on my parents family plan, and when my sister upgraded, she used the upgrade from my mother's line. My mother upgraded using my father's upgrade, and now my father and I are ready to upgrade and he'll have to use one of the other two lines upgrades, while I can use my own.

A little simpler than having to swap phones back and forth.

Upvote 0
Go to the store and say I want to upgrade my phone. They will get your phone # and verify who you are, then tell them you want use the upgrade from line 1 but activate the phone on line 3.

I would think you could do this over the phone as well. On Friday I used an upgrade on my secondary line to upgrade the phone on my primary line. Then I had the phone I was using on my primary line activated on my secondary line with no issues.

Upvote 0
What will we need to do to make it happen? In store or is there a number we can call?

I'm sure you can do it over the phone but if it was me, and I was in relatively close proximty to a Verizon store, I would do it there. The advantage, to my thinking, is you can verify before leaving the store that the right phones are matched with the correct numbers. When we do something similar, my wife and daughter and I always call each other just to be sure everything is the way we want it.

Good Luck,

Upvote 0
I'm sure you can do it over the phone but if it was me, and I was in relatively close proximty to a Verizon store, I would do it there. The advantage, to my thinking, is you can verify before leaving the store that the right phones are matched with the correct numbers. When we do something similar, my wife and daughter and I always call each other just to be sure everything is the way we want it.

Good Luck,

^This. It will work, but for anything non-standard like this I go into the store. You can be sure you have their undivided attention that way. When I've tried to do non-standard things over the phone things have sometimes gotten balled up one way or another.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones