• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Fascinate

fran33s

Jan 9, 2011
Hello there, I have had my fascinate for about 3 Months, and I do like the phone. However, I rarely use everything on it. I only use it for Emails, facebook, and some ESPN Updates along with Mobile Web Browsing. Being as I just bought this and have a new contract, I kind of want a Blackberry.

Can I pull off the mean guy trick and tell verizon that this phone sucks and keeps breaking on me to eventually get a new phone? Has anyone done this?

or..

Another person on my line is due for an upgrade.Will verizon let this person buy blackberry from them and let the user activate it at home? If so I would do this and just sell my fascinate..

wow.. just .. wow..

i am at a loss for words.. you want to go from top level android to ... blackberry???
OK... it is your right...
but... my curiosity is soo going crazy...consider my cat murdered... why o why? please tell me more.

to answer your question... I dont see why verizon would care who is using the phone.. as long as the lines are still active.

Upvote 0
Hello there, I have had my fascinate for about 3 Months, and I do like the phone. However, I rarely use everything on it. I only use it for Emails, facebook, and some ESPN Updates along with Mobile Web Browsing. Being as I just bought this and have a new contract, I kind of want a Blackberry.

Can I pull off the mean guy trick and tell verizon that this phone sucks and keeps breaking on me to eventually get a new phone? Has anyone done this?

or..

Another person on my line is due for an upgrade.Will verizon let this person buy blackberry from them and let the user activate it at home? If so I would do this and just sell my fascinate..

verizon will let take thier upgrade but you will have to keep data on both lines through the end of contract...and the fascinate has to stay activated if you got it for a discounted price with contract or pay 175(i think) disconnect fee

Upvote 0

This isn't mean, it's fraud.

Upvote 0
verizon will let take thier upgrade but you will have to keep data on both lines through the end of contract...and the fascinate has to stay activated if you got it for a discounted price with contract or pay 175(i think) disconnect fee
The other user can upgrade to the Blackberry, activate it, and then immediately switch back to their old phone, Assuming it is a dumbphone, they will only be charged a prorated rate for data (ie, if this all takes place during the course of a single day, the data charge would be $1 assuming an unlimited plan). After that, there is no requirement whatsoever that they maintain a data plan. They are then free to give/sell the Blackberry to the OP and he would be able to activate it on his line and sell the Fascinate if he so chooses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones