• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon FiOS Digital Voice app

UncleMike

Android Expert
Nov 15, 2009
Central NJ
This "new" app (probably a few months old by now) that Verizon is pushing can't seem to remember my password for my FiOS account. Even though I check the "remember me" box at login, it seems to only keep me logged in for two weeks at most. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've gone back to the older app (FiOS Digital Voice), which still remembers my password (I never uninstalled it), but it continues to popup this message telling me that there's an updated app that I "desperately" need to install. What I really need desperately is for them to stop fixing stuff that ain't broke.

I'll give it a shot, but it'll be two weeks or so before I know if anything has changed.

Thanks for the suggestion. The old app worked fine for me, when I was suddenly confronted with a popup telling me that I desperately needed to update to the new app, which has features I don't want, and pushes other apps I don't want. So I hated the app from the get go. I tend to overlook obvious solutions like clearing the cache when I already despise an app and think it's garbage.

Upvote 0
Correction... I just got a response from Verizon support. From their response:

For security reasons, the App requires that you sign in once every 14 days.

I'm abandoning the new app and going back to the old one.

The popup I get on the old app, telling me I desperately need the new one, is far less annoying than being asked for my password every two weeks. Not only does the new app forget my password every 14 days, it purposely prevents me from pasting my password into the password field after retrieving it from KeePass.

All they've succeeded in doing is making the old app annoying, and making an alternative that's even more annoying.

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones