• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Galaxy s3 cwm and Root

Status
Not open for further replies.

slgdad

Apr 9, 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 from Verizon. I have tried to Root and install a custom recovery through Odin and it FAILS EVERY TIME.. I know it has a locked bootloader. I'm running android 4.4.2.. If someone can tell me how to Root and get a recovery on this phone I would GREATLY appreciate it.. Do I need to downgrade 4.4.2 some how or unlock the bootloader somehow. I am stuck and clueless about this phone.. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.. I did my Sprint Galaxy s3 with no problems and 2 us cellar optimus f7 and optimus elight and crickets assend.. Tablets and more. But this phone is about to drive me crazy.. Please someone help or just point me in the right direction.. Please and thank you

Reactions: olebaronvicki
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones