Verizon Galaxy S3 - IMAP Email Setup?Support

1. martys3user

martys3user Member

Greetings All:

I'm trying out a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon. LOVE the phone - but when I attempt to setup an IMAP email account the "next" button will not allow me to continue (can not click it) after entering the proper email account setup information. (gmail works fine.) The same account information is working just fine with mozilla thunderbird on a laptop - so I'm sure the account info is correct.

I've heard Verizon may block IMAP access...? Does anybody know a way around this without paying verizon for "corporate email" access fees? VPN maybe? Downloaded email client of some type?

I have 12 days left to return the phone - and this may be enough to do it. Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, Marty! :hello:
    Moved your thread to the main forum as it's not Root related.
  3. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

Sorry to sound like "Captain Obvious" ... but if you go to the Verizon site, you will find FAQs containing the details of how to do what you want ... and lots of other stuff as well.
  4. martys3user

martys3user Member

Thank you Captain, my Captain! I'm back on here to explain my outcome. IMAP and POP3 is NOT blocked by Verizon. For some reason, when I attempted the first dozen times to setup my IMAP email account via the S3's email setup (which starts out with an email address and password) the "Next" or "Manual Setup" button would not "click".... I'm not sure why, but after rebooting the phone the "Next" button worked - allowing me to go on and setup the custom user name (different from the email address) that my ISP uses as part of its nomenclature.

I missunderstood the "Verizon Corporate email" charge. This is a server service if you have no existing hosting account. WAY over priced.

All is well - and IMAP is working great on my S3. This phone simply rocks. From a previous iPhone user: Adios Apple! I've since rooted, unlocked the boot loader, and having a blast with this thing!