Verizon getting a Galaxy S variant called, Facinate

Last Updated:

1. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

From Product Reviews dot net:

"The Fascinate features a 4-inch Super AMOLED screen, a 1 GHz Hummingbird processor, WiFi (802.11n), 2 GB of internal memory, Bluetooth, GPS and a microSD memory card slot which supports cards of up to 16GB."

"In my opinion one of the only things holding the Fascinate back is its OS, it will come pre-loaded with Google Android 2.1 (Eclair), however I think that Verizon should perhaps delay the launch and offer it with Android 2.2 (FroYo) instead."

Perhaps it can be rooted immediately, as it will be on 2.1.

3. ckeegan

ckeegan Well-Known Member

Any form of TouchWiz is going to be another thing holding it back, not to mention the fact that it looks like it won't get the Droid branding. That will definitely hurt sales too.

4. Rippin508

Rippin508 Well-Known Member

5. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Have you used the new TouchWiz 3.0? If not, then that point of yours is invalid. So many people are dissing this phone because of the TouchWiz interface, when they haven't even used the newest version which seems to be optimized.

Also, do any of you think of regular consumers? The non-power android users would probably like TouchWiz. It's interface is similar to the iPhone's which is a plus because the iPhone's UI is great. But hey, maybe I'm just the only one that thinks that way.

6. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm pretty sure nobody here would encompass a regular consumer. Most of the people here are more informed about phones and phone technology than most people out in the market. This phone is definitely a "safe" device for samsung and it will give people an iphone-like option on verizon, which might not do too bad for them.