Verizon GS4 speaker issueSupport

1. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

hello this is my first post so sorry if its not very detailed :eek: but yesterday when in a phone call with my dad i put my phone on speaker phone so i could look at something on the mobile browser while talking to him...halfway through the conversation the speaker stopped working and i cant hear anything in call or oout through the speaker.... i had the same issue the day before but i just restarted it and it worked but this time it didnt any help please? :mad: :( ive just noticed that if i put my ear directly over the speaker i cant faintly hear it

Advertisement
    :
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Have you check all of the volume settings?

I moved this to the S4 forum so other device owners can lend a hand.:)
    Atma likes this.
  3. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

Try a simple reboot of you hadn't already. I've had several times where I've put the phone on vibrate and lost the ability to change the volume for media things... I know not exactly your issue but reboot always fixed mine
  4. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

yes ive done all it seems like it stops working but after i do certain things(blow on speaker and suck like dust out it works idk if thats what it was) it will start to work but i noticed it only happens when i turn on speaker phone and sorry for the late post i didnt think anyone was gonna help
  5. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Jcfan, first off, welcome! Second, of course these guys will help. This is an awesome site with great and intelligent people. I've asked the simplest questions and ive gotton help. These guys dont look down on you like some places if u don't know something.
    ANYWAY lol, ive had this happen once before. Im not sure if it was just a fluke or what, but it had happened going from speaker phone back to regular. I couldn't hear anything and neither could my girlfriend. I rebooted and it hasn't happened again.
    I actually believe i was using Svoice at the time to make the call... That might have had something to do with it?

All im noticing now is some fuzzy distortion in the BACK speaker... But that's another story.

I know this sounds simple, but have u tried a factory reset? If it keeps happening, sometimes you'd be amazed how many issues that fixes.
    jcfan4u likes this.
  6. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

thank you for replying i will factory reset to see if it works
  7. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

kind of an ignorant question but how do i factory reset? its been awhile
  8. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

after factory reseting and clearing the cache it still has the same problem im thinking maybe i blew out the speaker when it was on speaker phone ill probably have to take it to verizon
  9. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

This does sound like a hardware fault to me. If something like blowing on it helps, it's clearly not a software issue.

I would take it back to your carrier. What usually happens in such situations is that it will be faulty until you walk through the door of the shop. It will then work perfectly until you leave at which time it will go wrong again. I hope this doesn't happen to you.
    jcfan4u likes this.
  10. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

thank you its just i use it commonly for an alarm in the morning and the last thing i need is to be late for work but yes tomorrow im likely going to verizon because the usual tricks of blowing dosnt work anymore thank you all for the help
  11. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thanks Jcfan :). I def agree with lotus, sounds like a hardware issue :-( im sorry man.
    May i ask, how old is the phone?
  12. jcfan4u

jcfan4u Member

sorry its been awhile since ive been in my computer but i just got it in july verizon told me the speaker just gave out they sent me a brand new one 4 days later