[Verizon] Hide Softkeys

Last Updated: 2013-01-21 12:54:33
  1. stauren1203

stauren1203 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to "hide" the softkeys? I want to use all of my screens real estate as often as possible, and I think an auto-hide would be a great feature after, say, 3 seconds of non-use. to bring them back, simply swipe up from the bottom, just as you slide down for the notification bar. Maybe this exists, but I am not aware of anything that does this after searching for about an hour for this. I am not picky on what ROM, as long as it is stable.

If this does not exist, are any mods working on it? If not, does anyone have any input as to how I might write this into my UI?

Advertisement
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

I dont think it has been done yet but I think it is being worked on by some devs. I would like to be able to hide mine as well and use a gesture to make them come back. I can't give direction on where you should start if you are going to try to do it yourself.

I found a way to disable them all together and you can use button savior
    JustNexus likes this.
  3. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

This if definitely something we will see in roms to come as devs continue to learn the device. Wouldn't be surprised to see cyanogen mod include this soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  4. Yeahha

+1 it is wanted NEEDED and there are plenty of people who have asked for it the only variable now is time
  5. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

So as of now there is now way to hide the nav buttons while browsing? I know I can hide the status and URL bars but what about the nav buttons?
  6. Yeahha

7. mikesphonetab

mikesphonetab New Member

Instead of flashing a new Rom, if you wanted a quicker fix, there is a app called "Hide Bottom Bar". All it needs is root access and you can hide and unhide your softkeys with gesture based controlls like you wanted to.
  8. DannyJSlone

DannyJSlone Well-Known Member

The JBSourcery rom has the ability to hide and unhide the soft keys. I use lmt launcher to have my soft keys so I always have full screen.