Verizon Holiday Return Policy - Just for Hardware or Contract, too?

Last Updated:

1. creosote

creosote Member This Topic's Starter

I am probably going to return my Droid, just wondering if I have the option to go back to my original contract as well (past the 30 days, but within the holiday period)...

The only reason I would is if I can get a Nexus One on a family plan, which does not seem possible right now, but maybe on Jan 15th-ish, when T-Mobile starts selling it directly...

Nathan

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

When you say original contract do you mean with verizon or tmobile? If it is with verizon they might let you slide, but if it isn't with them then you will probably have to pay a ETF, but you would be able to keep the DROID and ebay it.

3. creosote

I know I can take my droid back until the 14th. My original Verizon contract was up in Feb, which I renewed to get the Droid.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Hmmm, that is a tricky one. Might have to talk to a verizon employee to get a better answer. The Nexus One won't work on Verizon at all though, you know that right?

5. creosote

Right, which is why I'd like to "return" the verizon contract and move to T-mobile. My question is basically if the holiday return period is a full extension of the normal 30-days or if it only applies to phones.

6. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

i'm pretty damn sure its for hardware and contract. at least, that's what i've been banking on when i bought my eris on nov 15th. i plan on returning my eris in the next week or so and switching to tmo for the nexus one. i live in a big city (chicago), and don't travel much, so tmo is just fine with me.

7. creosote

Took my droid back today :(... and the holiday policy is for both hardware and contrcat... come feb 13th I'm a free agent :)

8. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

ouch, i used to have tmobile and i live close to downtown and its horrendous in terms of speeds and cut outs. wouldn't switch outta verizon for the world.

9. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

ditto!

10. creosote

well, I may go back depending on the phone choice in Feb, but thanks for your input I guess (I don't live in IL or IN, though)