[Verizon] Homescreen(s)

1. TALONTRAX

TALONTRAX Well-Known Member

Hey . . . No big deal here just curious. Accidentially created extra homescrens (7 total now). When I go into edit page & attempt to delete them (move to the trash can icon) I get a freeze & message : Unfortunatlly touchwiz has stopped working. Tried reboot no dice. Running CleanRom 5.6. Maybe a bug ?? Just wondering if anyone knew a workaround for this. No big deal . . . Just curious -

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

What launcher comes with CleanRom? Nova?
    I don't know as I don't use that launcher:(

I suppose you could try to boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reboot.
    TALONTRAX likes this.
  3. TALONTRAX

Not sure . . . But I think it is Nova. I'll try to wipe the cache & see what happens. Thanks Mike !!!
    Mikestony likes this.
  4. TALONTRAX

Well that didn't work. Guess it's a bug in the rom . . . Or possibly the kernel (leankernel 1.8). Not sweatin it.
    Mikestony likes this.
  5. Mikestony

Hey Talon, just curious as we are on the same Rom and kernel.
    When you go to menu/settings/sound/volume. Does volume settings crash?
  6. TALONTRAX

Don't know . . . I'll try & let you know. Interesting to note though . . . The wife's phone does the same exact homescreen delete attempt crash, also the same cleanrom 5.6 & leankernel 1.8 combo as yours & mine.
  7. Mikestony

hmmm..could very well be a glitch then. I suppose if you wanted to peruse thru a million posts in the CleanRom rom thread on XDA, you may find out if it is or not:p
    TALONTRAX likes this.
  8. TALONTRAX

That's a negative on the settings/sound/volume crash. Works fine.
    Mikestony likes this.
  9. Mikestony

thanks, now I think it is because of the DarkHorse theme I flashed. No big deal. I can control volume settings with the app I have:)
  10. TALONTRAX

Nah . . . I'm not sweatin it. Just makes me curious as to why it does it. Especially on 2 devices. I'm just very inquisitive about things like that & tend to try to troubleshoot/workaround them. Now your settings/volume issue is weird too . . .
  11. Mikestony

Yeah, it is, but like you, I don't sweat it but perhaps someday when I'm bored outta my skull, I'll do some research on it:)
    TALONTRAX likes this.
  12. TALONTRAX

13. WhoDoo Voodoo

WhoDoo Voodoo Well-Known Member

14. TALONTRAX

Interesting . . . Can a alternate launcher be flashed in recovery or odin ??
  15. TALONTRAX

Well . . . Disabling the developers options worked for me & I was able to delete my erronnious/extra unused home screens. Mike . . . Maybe you can try that to diagnose your sound/settings/volume crash - just a thought . . .
  16. Mikestony

Usually, almost always, launchers are apps (apk's) :)
  17. Mikestony

Disabling, as in, turning off? hmmmm....I'll try it:) Thanks!

Edit: well, no soap..still the same, but thanks anyhoo:thumbup:
  18. TALONTRAX

Yes . . . @ the top of the developer options screen in settings turn the little slide switch for developer options off
  19. TALONTRAX

Did you restart . . . ? Sorry ! Forgot to mention that . . .
    Mikestony likes this.
  20. Mikestony

haha, no I didn't...standby, I will try:)

Edit: well, once again, no soap. I seriously think it is due to the theme I am running.
    The reason I say that is because, a couple weeks ago, I unrooted, rooted, flashed a fresh DL of CleanRom and set it all up etc. Volume settings worked. Flashed the DarkHorse theme and then it didn't work.

But, no worries as I use an app for the volume controls so I don't mind....kinda waiting for the theme to update soon and try his new update:D
    TALONTRAX likes this.
  21. WhoDoo Voodoo

WhoDoo Voodoo Well-Known Member

No Nova is in the market. For Xperia see my thread below. It's just an apk too.
    TALONTRAX likes this.