Verizon Hooked me up yesterday!

Last Updated:

1. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So went to go add a line and cancel one yesterday that way I could get the Eris cheaper. My line is the secondary and I haven't even had it for maybe six months. So I was expecting to spend 199 on the phone with a 100 back in rebate and 150 to cancel my line.

I thought this would be the cheapest way of doing it. So when I go in there yesterday the sales rep talks to his manager and tells me they are going to let me do a 1 year upgrade. I got the eris for 229 and get a 100 cash back. So I didn't have to cancel my line and I spent way less money. I love Verizon now for doing this.

Anyways I love the Eris and haven't experienced any problems with it as of yet, and will come here if I do.

Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. cdmta

cdmta Well-Known Member

Stuff like that is the main reason people stay with them. i have had nothing but great customer service.
    cheers

3. Wolfedude88

Yeah after that Verizon gained my respect with that. I will definitely remember that and will let people know. I am just glad to be back in the Android community!

4. primetime

primetime Guest

any line can do a 1yr upgrade if they dont have insurance or an upgrade available..

5. Wolfedude88

Seriously? Oh well, it is still nice to be able to do one I guess!

6. primetime

primetime Guest

serious, they can only do it once a year though

7. Wolfedude88

That's cool, I will remember it next year when I want to get a new phone.

8. Vdub718

Vdub718 Member

Wait ... what does this mean exactly? If I'm currently in a 2 year contract and want a new phone but don't want to pay full price ... is there some way around that?

9. Wolfedude88

I would just go into Verizon and see if you can do a 1 year upgrade. It worked for me and I wasn't even close to my one year. It's worth a shot!!!!

10. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

The main line on any plan can do a 1 year upgrade for the 2 year price every year. It resets your "New Every 2" credit though. You need to wait a full 2 years to get that $50 (or is it only $35 now?) extra off the phone.

11. primetime

primetime Guest

if your phone is "broken" and you dont have insurance then yes

12. Wolfedude88

Yeah I remember now, that rep said my phone was "broken" , even though it wasn't I guess that was the only way they could help me out. I am happy, went from my env2 to the eris.

13. Foxgguy2001

Foxgguy2001 Active Member

Yeah you can do annual upgrades if you meet the criteria... here is what the website says:

14. Wolfedude88

Yeah I think most know that, but I have only been in my contract for six months at the most and they gave me a 1 year upgrade. I didn't do the 2 year upgrade, and heck I have only been in my contract for six months.

15. Wolfedude88

Oh one more thing about the annual upgrade. I was told it has to be the primary line since the other lines are only 9.99. I am the secondary line and my wife is the primary since she gets a discount.

16. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Note that it says you agree to renew for an additional 2 years, not 2 years from the date of the upgrade. I don't know if that's what it means, but that's what is says.

17. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I called the other day to talk about my frustrations, limitations, and challenges with my BB Storm. After we had a good chat the rep said that I could upgrade early, way early to the Eris if I would like at 1 year pricing. I just got the Storm last July. I have never had a problem with their CS :)

18. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

Wow you got to upgrade in 5 months???

19. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Yup. That was what I said to them, "You're letting me upgrade after only 5 months!? I've only had it since the end of July."

"Yes sir. We'll give you one year pricing on the device and you can do it in store if you would like. Or I can order it for you and have it sent to your home."

After I picked my jaw up I went to the store and bought it lol

VZW has always helped me out. Nothing like this usually, but they're always there.

20. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

I did an "early" upgrade with my droid but I got all my upgrades taken away from my cellphone eager mom and sisters (sister broke two phones my mom broke one, wasted all these upgrades on dumbphones too...) I paid $20 extra with 100 cash back.

21. iLollar

iLollar Active Member

I envy your luck with the CS. They were incredibly rude to me and the rest of my family (Liberty MO). I was trying to explain our problem to this lady and she kept talking and ignoring me. We then went to the AT&T store and their prices arent any better. Good thing its illegal for monopolies or Verizon and AT&T would murder us.

22. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Did you go to a Verizon store or a premium retailer? Either way, direct support via phone is far superior to in-store, though I feel the premium retailers can be a step up. I walk into a Verizon store, it's to demo a handset. When someone approaches me to help..."no thanks, just looking".

23. Wolfedude88

Yeah I am sorry to hear about your bad luck with Verizon.