[Verizon] How do I extract an APK?

Last Updated: 2012-02-25 23:35:42
  1. ymDroid

ymDroid Well-Known Member

What's the easiest way to extract an apk from a unlocked/rooted Galaxy Nexus?

Would Titanium Backup do this?

I can't seem to find the apks in Astro which was mentioned in the searches I did.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Which apk are you looking for? Did you look in /system? You may need something other than astro to look in /system, though.

If you're comfortable with the terminal you can use adb shell to get into the device and browse around. Once you find it, you can use adb to get it:

adb pull /system/full/path/to/file.apk

To pull it down to your computer.
    ymDroid likes this.
  3. ymDroid

There's a couple apps I downloaded from the market I want to move over to my other phone.

Astro lets me into system/app, but I only see like 10% of my apps there. many of them are system apps.

Data/ is empty, which i know that's where the others would be (in data/app)

I though is I was rooted i could get into the file.

How do I use adb shell?
  4. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Well-Known Member

Use root explorer(or equivalent app) and look in /data/app for user applications and /system/app for system apps. Then you can copy the apk to the sdcard and then its up to you how you get it off your phone.
    ymDroid likes this.
  5. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Well-Known Member

Astro can't look in /data you'll need a root file explorer for that.
    ymDroid likes this.
  6. SecondShot

SecondShot Well-Known Member

You can use ES File manager too. Root Explorer is a great tool, but you will have to purchase it. ES File manager is free.

Astro should show system files though.
  7. ymDroid

That was perfect. I downloaded Root Browser. They were right there in data/app.

Unfortunately, the app app is giving me an license error, since it's a paid app. This sucks because I bought the app and don't use it on my one Nexus that rooted because the tools I need are built into AOKP.

So I wanted to install it on my other Nexus, but it's register under my work email, so I can't download it from the Market.

So there's really is no way to port a paid app over to another phone, even if it's my phone.
  8. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

you could add your work account to your other phone, then disable all syncing for that account. this would allow you to download your paid apps without getting any of the e-mails/contacts.
    ymDroid likes this.
  9. ymDroid

That's a great idea.

Thank you.

I really thought that if I was rooted, we could just pull all the apps we bought. Didn't realize that verified licenses.
  10. gapi

gapi VIP Member VIP Member

You did say extract? 7-Zip ;)