[Verizon] How lomg should I wait to root my S4

Last Updated:

1. clapper66

clapper66 Well-Known Member

I have had my s4 for a week and love this phone but how long should I wait to root it? Should I atleaste wait until my 30 day warranty is up? If I root it what is the easiest way?

Advertisement
  2. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer Developer

3. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

I just rooted my phone and I followed this guy and went to his site to get the files. It was a breeze and I couldnt be happier. Ive had the phone for about 2 weeks. I was nervous to do it but this guy is very good and explains everything step by step

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5891997
  4. matther22xdroid

matther22xdroid Well-Known Member

5. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

It really depends on the agent who you take the phone to, if you have a problem.

BBY - If I root my Samsung Galaxy S3, will that void the... - Best Buy: Unboxed

They "should" cover hardware issues regardless of whether the device is rooted or not, but if there is a software issue or if you brick your phone or any such thing, it is unlikely that they will cover it.

Having said that, as long as you are reasonably careful while rooting (make sure you read/read/read and read some more before you flash anything) - read the threads, check that you are downloading the correct version of the software for your phone/firmware, it is unlikely that you will damage your phone beyond recovery.
  6. matther22xdroid

matther22xdroid Well-Known Member

I will keep this mind thanks! I have traded in at best buy a rooted Razr and also a rooted S3. They didn't care on either occasion.
  7. fishacura

fishacura New Member

Here is a forum with links to vids/procedures on rooting, unrooting, restoring to stock, backup, etc. I just rooted and installed a recovery using goo manager last night and it was VERY easy!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Development