Verizon/HTC Incredible-Cannot download appsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. imjohn

imjohn New Member This Topic's Starter

New to Droids. Just received my Verizon HTC Incredible and tried to download my first app (ringdroid). I selected the app, clicked install, and clicked OK.
    A page opens with a heading of Downloading with a horizontal bar graph with the words Starting Download... below the graph.
    I've finally went to bed with it running and it's still running this morning.
    Any help would be most appreciated.

Also tried downloading the Google Maps update with the same result.

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Moved to HTC Incredible forum for better coverage.

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Well-Known Member

Have you tried setting up a wifi connection and see if that fixes it? Are you able to access the internet?

I would also recommend an app called AppBrain. It helps organize your apps and it allows you to log onto their website, search for apps, queue up apps, then sync it to your phone. Once sync'd, any apps you told it to download on the website will be queued up on your phone. Run the app and it'll take you to Market where each app is queued for you ready to download.

Hope this helps.

4. imjohn

imjohn New Member This Topic's Starter

I have switched to wifi, results the same.
    Buckwild,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have to assume I have internet access since I can do a search on Google.
    I went to AppBrain Market and they sent me a message. I followed instructions, opened the message, and tried to install AppBrain. It's still trying to download without success.