[Verizon] I'm rooted and superuser is installed....remove bloatware??

Last Updated:

1. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Just rooted the phone today and installed superuser. Hoping to remove all the bloatware on my Verizon note 3, but when I go to uninstall the app it still only let's me uninstall the updates.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. Bodycount

Bodycount Well-Known Member

You want to freeze bloatware, not remove it.

Just in case you screw up and the app you removed actually went to something else and now your phone won't dial out or the phone book doesn't open.. you can get it back fast by unfreezing it.

You need another app to freeze. Titanium Backup is what most people use but you need to pay for it for all the freeze/unfreeze features.
    Nabraham and Mikestony like this.
  3. Nabraham

Thanks. I downloaded Titanium app. I backed up any apps i didn't need and then uninstalled them. So far so good.
  4. Nabraham

Let me ask you this. Now that i have root, supersu, and titanium backup...is there anything preventing me from installing custom roms on my note?
  5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Nothing preventing you at all.

Assuming since you are rooted that you have safestrap on your device?

This will allow you to install custom ROMs. There are certain ROMs that will help you get that free of bloat feel.

The best one that I know achieves this is ObjectiveROM, I am on it, and it literally comes with nothing :)
    Nabraham likes this.
  6. Nabraham

Awesome, thank you for the advice!

I have safestrap 3.72 installed. Haven't made a backup yet, though i will before i start tinkering.

Looks like only the stock rom slot is working right now. Hopefully that gets resolved soon!
  7. Digital Controller

It's just because 3.72 is a beta of safestrap, they will have that issue resolved as soon as a RC is ready.

Just make sure to have a backup of your current system and go from there :)
  8. Nabraham

Yup. Popped in an SD card today and made a backup of my stock rom.

Now i'm anxiously awaiting beanstown to have his rom working on nc4!! :)
  9. Digital Controller

Yeah they do a pretty good job, I have tried just about every ROM for the Note 3 :)
  10. frankypoo

frankypoo New Member

do you know if safestrap will work on a build number NC2
  11. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member

Yes it will, you just have to make sure you have the right version of Safestrap