[Verizon] IMEI

Last Updated: 2013-10-01 15:35:39
  1. dkl1

dkl1 Well-Known Member

Should the IMEI # be the same on my replacement device as on the original one? Just askin'! I'm using the SIM card from my old (damaged) device in the new one. I am just wondering if THAT could be messing with the calls issue I'm experiencing? :(

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

No, the IMEI will not be the same on 2 different devices.
    However, the IMEI that is listed under the battery should match the one listed in the "about phone" menu.
    dkl1 likes this.
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes if the old card has been somewhat deleted .you should have a new card if not you need to activate the new card with the NEW imei from the NEW phone . That's what some people call security cause when you call to set up your new device they know when you activate and where you are .
    dkl1 likes this.
  4. dkl1

dkl1 Well-Known Member

This may explain some of my headaches! This card is from my damaged phone. I simply took it out and stuck it in the replacement device and since then I can't send or receive calls!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

Curious here - I've been reading your tale of woe (sorry to see all this crap for you) and I have a question. It appears you are referring to your original S3 phone with a new motherboard installed as a new device? Would replacing the motherboard require a different IMEI number now on the same original S3 chassis?
    dkl1 likes this.
  6. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

No two phones or Motherboard can have the same IMEI number legally. They are all different.
    dkl1, Zoandroid and Mikestony like this.
  7. Zoandroid

Oh, OK. So when they replace the motherboard in a phone, do they issue you a new IMEI? Because the one that had been originally printed inside the battery compartment would no longer apply.

Thanks for the info! :)
    dkl1 likes this.
  8. dkl1

dkl1 Well-Known Member

It appears that another forum member has answered...who appears to know more about this than I! :D

BTW - I am back to having a properly rooted and unlocked S3 with a perfect glass screen and hope I NEVER have to deal with this again.:)
    Mikestony likes this.
  9. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

Maybe try updating the phone? There's an update for towers.
    dkl1 likes this.
  10. dkl1

dkl1 Well-Known Member

Just to be clear here...

This issue has been resolved! I have a new phone now. :)
    Mikestony and mrsmumbles like this.
  11. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

Great! I'm glad you got it solved. :D:beer:
    dkl1 likes this.
  12. Zoandroid

Glad you got it going! Did they replace the IMEI sticker by the battery with the new IMEI number? I'm just curious how this works because I have never dealt with this before.
    dkl1 likes this.
  13. dkl1

dkl1 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I haven't looked! I will later and try to remember to post what I find :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Zoandroid likes this.