• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon is slow in the 4g race...

fastpicker89

Mar 6, 2011
I guess the title is just to get attention...

But seriously. Verizon has all these great phones coming out, and then... what, keeps pushing them back month after month! Remember when the Galaxy S2 was supposed to come out in March? The Bionic in Feb? Now there are so many phones that are be 'released' in April and May, but every day there is a report pushing them back.

I have been wanting a new phone for a long time, keep holding out for a dual-core, and it's just to no avail. It's going to be fall before I ever get one! Silly Verizon, phones are for us.

I just walked back in the door from a visit to my friendly neighborhood VZW store. My wife wanted an iPhone, and what the wife wants, the wife gets. Anyway, I asked about the Bionic and they said they have been told it would not be released until late summer. Good news is he told me we should have 4G in our area within the next two months though.

Upvote 0
No one ever said the Bionic was to be released in Feb, or the Galaxy 2 in March. People like to speculate, but Verizon's stance has ALWAYS been "our first 4G phones should launch by Q2 2011." 2nd quarter is April to June, and the TB beat that estimate.

Also, Samsung is going for an annualized release. The original Galaxy S launched globally in May or June (off the top of my head). March would be too soon for the refresh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones