[Verizon] Just rooted my Gs3 whats best ROM to use now?

Last Updated:

1. burton8012

burton8012 Member This Topic's Starter

im just learning about all this rooting and ROM stuff its not my first rooted.... my first droid phone witch was a droid incredible and i used the UNREVOKED software to root my phone and i rooted my galaxy s3 this morning so i can get superuser feature to use the tethering app like i did on my droid incredible...

but i never messed around with putting a different ROM on and im a tech kinda guy and figuring out how to do these modes comes easy to me and i like how u are able to customize your phone so much more and get battery life with a different ROM...so wanted to get thoughts on witch one i should use??

Advertisement
  2. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

Honestly you should just try them all and make that decision. I'm on cyanogen 10 nightlies and even though they're a bit incomplete , I enjoy them

3. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

CM10 is good, but i wouldn't recommend it to noobies at this time (not saying youre a nooby, but its not exceptionally polished right now)

most of the TouchWiz based ROMs are quite good...im on SynergyROM and its brilliant!...Beans is also VERY VERY good

4. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Tell me a little about Beans, v.11 looks intriguing. I'm also running the Synergy nighlies with Imo's 0.5 kernel which is absolutely great..

I saw the thread and read the OP a couple of times but I'm not getting the Aroma chooser thing. Do you install the rom and then choose what you want after the install or during it? I actually have everything working great now but I might want to play this weekend. I'm using TWRP btw again, 2.2.2 version by invisiblek.

5. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

+1 for Synergy. I tried CM10, but didn't like the nonfunctional NFC and actually found that I like some of the TW enhancements (not the launcher though...easy fix with Apex).

6. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Aroma runs during the installation and allows you to choose which components you want. It's pretty slick.

bjanow likes this.
  7. burton8012

burton8012 Member This Topic's Starter

By brother said jelly bean is being released this week so he says so I'll just wait and see before I put it on myself

8. Metfanant

the Verizon Galaxy SIII is NOT getting Jellybean this week...or next week...or the week after...

9. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

:( we'll have a port soon enough.

10. MetroSquard

MetroSquard Member

Just to clarify: Are the "TouchWiz based ROMs" just modified versions of the stock ROM? There are a few TouchWiz features I don't want to lose. Camera, Direct Call, etc.

11. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

We already do. It's called CM10 ;)

12. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Yes.

MetroSquard likes this.
  13. Metfanant

There are plenty of ports already out there...none of them work exceptionally well...the TW port from T-Mobile can't send texts for instance

14. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here, just woke up and my voice is still raspy... I read that and started laughing so hard it made me cough! Thanks, a good start to my day! :p