Verizon leather case re-reviewAccessories

Last Updated:

1. PhilipVanLuke

PhilipVanLuke Member This Topic's Starter

In my original review on my feelings about the phone and accessories I bought I gave this an 8/10. I am posting this morning to adjust my score for this case.

0/10

DO NOT BUY THIS CASE.

1st lesson learned, the back of the droid x is not molded in color. its actually black and painted dark grey. The droid X has that popular rubberized panel and nothing holds paint worse than rubber.

because the case uses elastic to squeeze the case together its actually thinner than the phone, so when you slide the phone into the case the camera hump is the sole point of resistance specifically the corners of the hump as they are the first point that comes into contact. after just a few days of normal use, removing the phone when calls come in, or when i want to browse/text/ect. the grey paint on the corners has rubbed off revealing the black underneath

so now my three day old droid x allready has an ugly black mark on the hump near the camera and I only expect it to get worse as I continue to use the case.

I am going to go into Verizon store today and see if I can get them to refund the case and get me a new phone as the case damaged mine, but as its superficial I doubt they will do it unless I really freak.

Advertisement
  2. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Yikes, glad I passed on it.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

are you talking about the leather with the kickstand? If so, I'm having a completely different experience. I love it.

4. tbert

tbert Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that but thanks for sharing.

5. PhilipVanLuke

PhilipVanLuke Member This Topic's Starter

No this is the belt pouch with the magnetic flap.

6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Thats odd... I have the VZW belt pouch with the magnetic flap and I'm not having these issues. Matter of fact the corners on my phone look exactly like they did the day I picked up the phone. :D

Are you sure that the metal parts of the phone are even painted? To me it looks more like powder coat but then again I'm no expert on either.

7. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I have it and love it, I am not experiencing anything like you are describing

8. Growler48

Growler48 Well-Known Member

Same here.