• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon LG Vortex Docks Work With Optimus V - Updated

I received my charging station today from ebay. I needed to trim the inside edge just a little with a razor knife. It was activating the voice commands without trimming. Simple enough to make it work. Me happy :D

I have found if I lock the phone before putting in the docking station it will not activate the voice commands. After docking just push any button to see the charging status...

Upvote 0
I bought all of those for my Incredible last summer but my new Optimus fits in them just fine. Got them all on ebay so the links I had would be expired.

The car charger is a micro USB so any one of those you find will work.

The mount has two sides - arms, I guess - with padding that squeeze the phone and a button to release them when I take it out. Because of where the charger plugs in, I put the mount in my vent upside down, so the phone doesn't rest on the little shelf. But the arms hold it tight so no problem. It looks like this one:

Car Mount Holder for HTC DROID INCREDIBLE EVO SHIFT 4G - eBay (item 220752677380 end time Mar-17-11 21:38:11 PDT)

The aux plug is just a male-male headphone jack cable that you can get at radio shack or online or whatever.

If I think of it next time I'm in the car I'll take a picture and post it.

Promised photo:

P1080075.JPG

Upvote 0
I didn't have the dock trigger the voice button, but it did push in the camera button half way. The camera button has two steps, like most point & shoot cameras.

Pushing in the camera button half-way doesn't do much, but it does prevent you from scrolling in the Gallery app. It also seems to occasionally prevent you from turning off the screen with the lock button.

I plan on trying to carve out a small space for the camera button to prevent this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones