Verizon lied about eris!General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. davey963

davey963 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello fellow Eris suckers;

VERIZON has obviously lied to all of us about the update to a better operating system and google nav. The release of the Incredible is obvious to me that we've been put on the back shelf.

I called VERIZON and I went up through 3 or 4 layers of management. They outright DENIED that any promises were made to Eris buyers about any kind of pending upgrade.

I recommend EVERYONE call 611 and ask, where is the upgrade/update? The first customer service operater will not be able to give you any answers. Ask to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor will deny any promises and will claim to be not aware of any upgrade/update, AND, will deny that Eris buyers were promised anything.

I thanked this supervisor for their time and demanded to speak to their supervisor. This supervisor will call you back in 24 hours, then, DENY that VERIZON made any claims that Eris users will get an upgrade/update.

Unless we all start inundating VERIZONs call centers with our disappointment, many of you will be picking through dreams of proper working operating systems that we had to hack into our phones.

I m just saying...

Advertisement
  2. BigBeefy

BigBeefy Well-Known Member

my google nav works great on my leaked 2.1 v2 and now v3. Call centers are useless anyway.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Actually, when I called they said it was coming out but couldn't give a specific date. No date was ever promised.

I called 611 to try and purchase an accessory for my phone that's not available online. While the customer service rep attempted to look up the item, she made small talk with me about the Eris. I told her that I was running 2.1 and she was eager to get my input. She mentioned that several of "the guys" in the call center had flashed 2.1 on their Eris' as well.

They are fully aware of the update.

What's funny is that Verizon couldn't fill an order for an item that has a Verizon part number. She sent me to Ebay for it. Haha.

4. Blrfl

Blrfl Well-Known Member

So did Verizon promise you something that's not in your contract?

And which is your preferred artificial sweetener?

--Mark

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I would take anything call centers say with a grain of salt. Many VZW store reps had no idea what version the Eris is, some say the update will be here in a week, others say there is no update. Nobody really knows. Too bad we can't be given a straight answer.

6. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

I find this hilarious for some reason.

7. Atamagaokashii

Atamagaokashii Member

Seems like the hoops all of us old omnia users had to jump through to get the gps unlocked...

8. 5thElement

5thElement Banned

It does not look like the Eris will get 2.1 anymore. Verizon does what it does best as usual which is to promise the world and turn their backs when its time to deliver. There are still countless enraged LG Dare users who never got a SINGLE app that Verizon promised.

razorclose and AdmSuvvuk like this.
  9. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

10. textstev

textstev Well-Known Member

Small talk goes much farther than what OP proposes

11. icomeanon

icomeanon Well-Known Member

we all know verizon reps know about as much about updates as any of us do (and have heard stories that they come to us for updates on the dates updates will drop). call centers aren't really any better at all.

just get v1, v2, or v3 of the leak and use the GPS to go somewhere you've never been. then, once the broad in your phone gets you there by a (usually) direct and expedient route, tell us there's no update and no gps. cause if there isnt, then someone is spending an awful lot of their free time to make these ever-less-glitchy leaks.

12. Jayse

Jayse Well-Known Member

Wasn't it HTC that said the eris would get an upgrade to 2.1? Not Verizon.

13. smacky

smacky Banned

Yeah, I believe so.

14. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

I think he meant Eris.

I say to anyone who says the Eris wont be getting 2.1, why is someone working so hard with developing the versions and fixing the bugs?

15. jackdubz

jackdubz Member

Well, when you think of it this way... If you feed donkeys all you will get is donkey shit. The donkeys are gonna eat anyway so grab a shovel.

16. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

17. jamesmce

jamesmce Member

Yes Verizon LIED, if you look on their website, they stated lies, like Google Nav and turn by turn instructions. It will make me think again before using them as my carrier.

Burn me once shame on HTC.
    Burn me twice shame on Verizon.

cartdog likes this.
  18. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Its coming, relax.

19. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

So who you with, and what phone are you using?

20. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

It almost seems like they just can't OTA 2.1. The reason is that it's a full wipe, nothing will be saved. Can you imagine all the folks totally pissed off who had their settings just the way they wanted them and then forcing an update that wiped? Not a chance. I've always said that so chill out. The only way we will get 2.1 is from their website or from bringing in the phone to a service dept. That's why the leaks are coming out, to shut us up. They are leaks and we know everything will be wiped. If we complain they will say, "hey what are you talking about, we didn't release anything." So those of you that want 2.1, download it and be happy. I am.

mia_doa likes this.
  21. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

22. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

23. jamesmce

jamesmce Member

HTC released the update, or said that it had released it back in Feb....hello Verizon how about some communication...Can you here me now?

24. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I don't buy this at all. I'd be willing to bet that 95% of Eris owners don't even know these sites (and leaks) exist. This community makes up a tiny percentage of Android phones sold.

25. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

Where do you guys think all of these "Leaks" are coming from?

That's right VERIZON. Verizon Beta Testers to precise.

So if Verizon is still testing 2.1 on the Eris, and they just put out "Version 3", then use your common sense and it is clear that, although a bit delayed, that the official 2.1 Release for the Eris is coming. They see a reason to continue testing it before releasing it for a REASON.

I for one am glad to wait a bit more time for them to get it right.

Everything is Amazing, no one is happy

YouTube - Louis CK: Everything is amazing right now and nobody is happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.