[Verizon] Make Verizon S4 a Google Edition

Last Updated:

1. nexusprimepls

nexusprimepls Well-Known Member

My previous phone was the Verizon variant of the Galaxy Nexus. I loved it, except for the battery life. I bought the Verizon Galaxy S4 and would love to install the pure stock Android. I found this tutorial, but given that it's several months old, I wondered if there were any updates, and I can't seem to find anything since then anywhere on the internet, including XDA. Here is a link to the tutorial below. Can anyone help me out?

How to make your Verizon Galaxy S 4 a Google Edition (Video) | Pocketnow

2. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

If you have MDK bootloader version you can use loki exploit, install custom recovery and flash most any AOSP rom. If not, then you need to investigate Safestrap & you can flash only TW based roms appropriate to the build you are on. Read up carefully before trying anything.
  3. SNYPA007

SNYPA007 New Member

I just read that if you (like me) have updated to the new bootloader, then you are screwed until someone finds an exploit to work around it. The locked bootloader prevents you from Installing another bootloader (besides safestrap), and the big killer is that it prevents you from downgrading to a unlocked one. Someone please find a way around this. :(
  4. Weard1212

Weard1212 New Member

there really is no way around it as of now, there is acually a 1k payout on xda for anyone who can unlock this bootloader... so it probably will be a while before someone unlocks it.