Verizon / Motorola needs to fix this STAT!!!!!

Last Updated:

1. amigos

amigos Member This Topic's Starter

I can't take this stupid gmail sync issue anymore. I have been browsing web for the last 2 days and have tried everything short of throwing my phone against the wall. My MacbookPro will get the gmail and it will literally take an hour or so to get the mail on Droid (unless i refresh it myself). Isn't this a GOOGLE phone??? Of all the things gmail should be a breeze on this phone. I had a blackberry prior to Droid and email on Blackberry was never a problem. Infact I used to brag about how quick it was. Anyways I have been going through different forums and lots of people are having this similar problem. I hope we get a fix soon as this seems to be a software problem.

Advertisement
  2. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

I have no issues with gmail sync at all.

3. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I have gmail, roadrunner and my work email on my Droid and usually the phone gets it before the computer. (While I'm at work I generally have both phone and computer running.) Maybe it's in the settings?

4. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Haven't had a problem yet either here with the sync on mine, if it pops on the phone as a notification its in my box on the computer when I have checked. I always leave the gmail app running If I use an appkiller program to stop other ones.

5. Droidophile

Droidophile Well-Known Member

My gmail comes down fast on mine. Almost feels like a BIS/BES pushing to a Blackberry. I wonder if your phone is struggling with a solid connection to get your mail. Everything else seem to work ok? Surfin the web? Hitting the Market, etc?

6. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

There are settings that can stop syncing Gmail that I use to save batteries when I'm sitting at my desk at work. When I turn Gmail Sync back on I get the mail within seconds of my desktop.

Perhaps it would be better to use your energy to figure the phone out, or go to a verizon store and let them help you than to throw your phone.

7. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you need to go back to a BB, it amazes me how people blame the phone right off. I have had ZERO Issues with my Sync as well. And the small issues I have had with my phone were my own fault. Chill Dude.

8. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

I am having issues with my gmail not being pushed. It has been happening all day today

9. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Whoa now let's not jump all over this guy....my sync is kinda slow too...not an hour...but sometim/es maybe 15 minutes

10. jnngill

jnngill Well-Known Member

I've been using mine sense the day it was released and have never had a syncing problem. Worst case do a factory reset and see if the problem comes back.

11. amigos

Yeah everything else is working great except the email. I spent an hour with the tech support today still no success. I guess the only option left is to exchange the phone which I dont wanna do. I am surprised as its working fine for lot of people so I guess its a phone thing not the server. I will try hard resetting one more time and see what happens.

12. d1pham

d1pham Well-Known Member

WFIW, if I have my computer browser up with GMAIL open and I receive an email my Droid does not receive that email until I refresh it. Now if I close my GMAIL brower and I receive an email I get it almost instantaneously. Same goes for GTALK messages. Seems like the browser/computer has preference over messages.

13. zeroG

zeroG Active Member

I've even had occasions where I get my gmail on the droid before I see it on the website. Definitely some settings issues or something else going on with the OP

14. amigos

Na i'll stick with it. I was kind of frustrated as I keep in touch with my clients through the email and it wasn't working properly. When I searched the web I saw so many other folks with the same issue. I guess it was my way of venting out. Don't take me wrong I love this phone.

15. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

hmmm, but one thing I notice is that its not always the user either. Sometimes devices work different.

For example, there are times that my pop3 account syncs every hour correctly, and there are times when it it doesn't at all until I refresh it. During these times I notice that I get connection errors until i press refresh a time or two. There is a syncing/ notification issue. I would love to track down. Sometimes my texts make noise and sometimes they dont.

this place is to help not to get protective.

16. deeznuts2

deeznuts2 Well-Known Member

x2

It amazes me how people who mess around with their phones, applying custom roms or unofficially tweaking their phones, get all worked up and start blaming the phone or the service carrier for their problems afterwards.

I don't know if the OP has modded their phone, but its definitely not a verizon or google issue that requires a fix or update.

17. amigos

FYI I haven't added anything to my phone. There are no custom roms or any other things to tweak my phone.

18. JP 818

JP 818 Active Member

19. droidosis

droidosis Well-Known Member

Silly thing to check, but make sure your sync is ON, and Gmail is your primary sync (the first on the list under Manage Accounts) under Settings/Accounts & Sync and in the Gmail app. When I first got the phone, I actually configured my Gmail account as an imap under the imap/pop3 email app. Oops! Gmail messages are received instantly when sending to it. -droidosis-

20. jstroupe

jstroupe New Member

I've had my Droid since late November and everything has worked fine except I had the same problem a few weeks ago. After trying several options I just powered off and then back on a few seconds later and everything worked fine...GL.

21. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

No synce issues here.

22. VandalDuck

VandalDuck Well-Known Member

I have had trouble all day today with Gmail sync. Was working fine, from the day I purchased the phone (November 13) until today. Between yesterday and today....nothing has been changed on the phone, it just stopped syncing...and I have to do a manual refresh.

I did some research...and made a post in the Applications forum earlier today: http://androidforums.com/android-ap...ecurity-slowed-down-gmail-gmail-app-sync.html

Long and the short of it...Google made changes to Gmail yesterday...late. They defaulted everybody to HTTPS. I reset my Gmail account to not use HTTPS and the problems seem to have been reduced...but it's not working like I am used to it working.

23. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Its not that people make changes as much as its that the OP's first post ever on the forum was a "rant", blaming mfgs. for an error, yet the OP neglected to post what the settings are, nor how the mail account is configured. Based on the first post, we don't even know if synching is configured correctly.

I was helping someone on another forum with their GMail account, and it turned out the user was configured it with an Exchange client, and was mad a Google because he couldn't connect.

As stated, the GMail client was one of the few features that was "issue free" (for the most part) right out of the box. The native POP3 and Exchange clients were another story however....well documented in numerous threads.

24. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

I have had issues with sync in the last week or two. Sometimes it works great, other days requires a refresh and I have no custom roms or anything. As stock as can be. Maybe Google is trying fix stuff for N1 users but maybe not. Seems to be no pattern. Just my two cents.

25. deeznuts2

deeznuts2 Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about you. I specifically stated in my previous post that I did not know whether you modded or not.