• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Nexus One = HTC Incredible

I'd give senseui a chance, it will probably change your mind. Of course i could be wrong, but still you don't have a choice until its rooted and even then who knows wether or not it'll be able to be removed completely. I'm hearing reports that it is even more integrated into the os than previous versions, but they have made some improvements to it, so i'll wait and see. Either way i like the senseui and won't be opting to remove it anytime soon.

Upvote 0
I prefer longer battery life and Sense is a battery hungry skin that runs on top of the OS. I will disable it- if possible. I appreciate that others will luv it, but please do not complain about the battery life, if they do ;)

That, 3G and the social apps running at same time is battery drain city. GPS running too- yikes! Some social apps use it, so watch out.

Upvote 0
Who knows if there will be a nexus 2, i mean it can't complete with the iphone on the at&t network and it can't complete with the incredible on verizons network, so it might be the odd man out come the next round of smartphones. Who knows what niche it will fill but its not looking good for them right now. T-mobile doesn't have very good coverage and can't compete with the other 2 providers mentioned. To me its looking like a 2 horse race, between the iphone and the incredible, but thats me.

Upvote 0
Personally, I'd like to be able to get official updates from Google as they are released, meaning no Sense UI. I have no real need for Sense, and would rather have the extra cycles.

I hope this phone is easy to root and flash, because I'll be doing that real quick.

Google announced they wanted all phones on the same os verison and were going to try to change how they updated so that skins wouldn't matter (small updates for each app, etc). If they stick by this you don't have to worry.

I don't think the Sprint version was ever listed on their site.

I think it did, but I also think it was going to be full price for them.

Upvote 0
I think google is moving twords making the platform more stripped down so it can update the core of the os more readily and not rely on those who choose to overlay the os with their own software to update their stuff before an official ota update is released. It only makes sense for them to go this direction and should serve the phones better from here on out. It will also align the updates across all the phones so they come out within days of one another instead of weeks and months if at all. Take the eris for example, the update for that was promised months ago and is still not live. If google does strip down the os they could have pushed the ota out for all phones months ago and htc could update their senseui seperately in their own timeframe. Doing this would essentially make fragmentation a thing of the past, and is much overdue if you ask me. It will serve the developers for both the phones and apps in a way that was impossible to accomplish until this happens.

Upvote 0
Google announced they wanted all phones on the same os verison and were going to try to change how they updated so that skins wouldn't matter (small updates for each app, etc). If they stick by this you don't have to worry.
They said that will be the goal of Android 2.2. The Inc ships with 2.1. That means there'll be at least one "monolithic" update before that vision becomes a reality. It doesn't help that it's the release with Flash support, making it all the more desirable.

I think it did, but I also think it was going to be full price for them.
I don't think it was listed (just like AT&T was never listed until the unsubsidized one went on sale).

Upvote 0
I wish Google would just officially support or use Sense UI in all of it's releases (work a deal with HTC to make it happen). With the ability of turning it off or on. Problem solved. Almost all the reviews I've ever read give the nod to Sense UI over native Android. But give the users a choice.

Upvote 0
I wish Google would just officially support or use Sense UI in all of it's releases (work a deal with HTC to make it happen). With the ability of turning it off or on. Problem solved. Almost all the reviews I've ever read give the nod to Sense UI over native Android. But give the users a choice.

You can disable sense ui. The only advantage to not having it installed from factory is faster updates on your phone.

Upvote 0

I don't see why HTC can't offer such a switch.

You can disable sense ui. The only advantage to not having it installed from factory is faster updates on your phone.

They haven't figured out how to disable Sense on the Inc. The clear defaults trick doesn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones