Verizon Note 2 gets Android 4.1.2 plus other goodiesTips

1. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    whitecollar and ceva321 like this.
  2. rivera02

rivera02 Well-Known Member

Just got mine..check out all the apps available for multi window now!

Attached Files:

3. rivera02

rivera02 Well-Known Member

Just another observation: does it seem like screen brightness has been cranked up? Whites seem brighter to me by a good amount. Hope it fixes the battery drain I got with their last update too..
  4. karma2burn

karma2burn Well-Known Member

Yep, I just checked and the update is ready on my phone. I'm holding off on updating mine for a little bit. Just want to make sure there are no battery issues or any other problems.
  5. ne0lyfeism

ne0lyfeism Well-Known Member

Haven't really messed with the phone too much, but the one thing I noticed was that the swype path (I use the swype keyboard) is significantly thicker and a different color than it was before. Also noticed the "eye" icon up top in the status bar - could we have possibly gotten the some of smart screen stuff touted for the S4 already?
  6. LSU316

LSU316 Well-Known Member

No joke....this update bricked my phone...won't turn on at all.

waiting 24 hrs for replacement :mad:
  7. treb1797

Go to :

Settings > Display > Notification Panel.

You can now customize it after this update.
  8. shawnely

shawnely Member

I'm waiting for a confirmation that this is safe, and wont screw anything up.
  9. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

It also appears the browser bookmarks widget is now 3 pages wide instead of 3.
  10. whitecollar

whitecollar Clericus Geekicus VIP Member

So sorry. How obnoxious.
  11. karma2burn

karma2burn Well-Known Member

I wish we could disable the damn thing. I can't stand it.
  12. mntom

mntom Well-Known Member

Phone seems faster after update...but it's probably a wishful thinking placebo effect.
  13. treb1797

Was just thinking the same thing, I'm currently looking for a piece of wood to knock on :thumbup:
  14. ceva321

ceva321 Well-Known Member

hey thanks for the info!!! can't wait i love updates!!!! and yes the phones is FASTERRRRRRRR :)

[​IMG]
    eee by Ceva321, on Flickr
    treb1797 likes this.
  15. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Updating now :)
  16. treb1797

WARNING : The results of this update may cause you to fall in love all over again w/ your device.:cheers:
  17. alhurricane

alhurricane Member

Any chance this update enabled the blocking mode or is that wishful thinking? I am considering the Verizon Note 2 and that may push me over the edge. :)
  18. ceva321

ceva321 Well-Known Member

which blocking mode??? please explain..:confused:

Facebook was added !!!! to multi window

[​IMG]
    tttt by Ceva321, on Flickr
  19. alhurricane

alhurricane Member

The feature that is similar to the iphone Do Not Disturb mode. It is where you can silence your phone at certain times, but still allow select contacts to still ring through.
  20. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Too late :)

Update went smoothly. 10 min and its done! For some weird reason it got stuck on "Galaxy Note 2" screen but as soon as I plugged in external power - phone power cycled and continued (I was doing upgrade while on battery). So, probably a good idea to have your phone plugged in while running upgrade.

The "eye" in the notification bar is Smart Stay enabled by default. That could be disabled. I love how you can customize notification bar, choose 5 essential controls so you don't have to scroll, and also get rid off brightness control slider (I always bump it when pulling notification down). Of course, you get more apps in multi-window.

So far so good!
  21. treb1797

Yeah, I got a little nervous when it stayed on the Galaxy Note II logo / screen b/c it was on there for a while, probably half the time it took to update. You hear those horror stories about phones getting stuck on those logo screens w/ updates, but I got thru it. Thank goodness.

No blocking mode from what I see, but someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
  22. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

No SmartStay icon in notification bar on mine (Verizon). I'm running Nova with the notification bar hidden, but can see the icons when bringing up an app or dragging the bar down.

I don't see much diff yet, between this and the 4.1.1.
  23. dfran1

dfran1 Well-Known Member

I find this update actually slowed my phone down a tiny bit!

I have rebooted several times and cleared cache by holding volume and home button while the phone is off.

I find nothing new besides more multi window programs that I barely use ever, I give this update a negative.
  24. AustinTech

AustinTech Well-Known Member

I am digging the update. I like the multitasking options now. I used to never use that feature because it didn't have the apps I wanted like Gmail or maps, but now I have both.

Also, I like that I can customize the layout of the toggle menu in the notification bar.

And my phone seems like it is a touch smoother which is amazing since it was already the smoothest phone ever.

Absolutely no issues with me. Running Nova Launcher Prime.
  25. DroidL

DroidL Well-Known Member

Well my phone runs the same speed, but now the multi window becomes use full with the addition of Gmail, Facebook, You Tube and most importantly Google Maps!! It is suddenl;y what I want multi-window to be in the beginning. Can't wait to try the navigation in a split screen.