• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Isn't that false advertisement if they say it has the multi view and doesn't? Does anyone of the other carriers say their versions have the multi view? I didn't think AT&T mentioned that on theirs?

I'm hoping we eventually get it, our screens were but for multitasking :)

our screens were built for multitasking :D (I don't want my but to multitask) :) :p

Upvote 0
Everyone has been looking at Verizons delay like it's just Verizon showing how superior they are.
No one has thought this~~the delay could be so they can sell a lot of the Note 2.
The more delay there is in something, the more people want it. Samsung has marketed the hell out of this phone and Verizon knows this one is going to pull in a lot of money.

I understand what you're saying & that normally works, but not so much when they can just switch carriers & not wait to get the same device.

I will not switch because of their coverage. As I'm following the Note 2 on 3 different sites, there are many who are switching carriers just to get it sooner. Some are even being given a discount to cover their ETF's. Many are not carrier dependent/loyal.

Verizon is taking the risk of losing subscribers. Samsung (by not encouraging VZW to release it sooner) is taking the risk that while we wait, we decide to get one of the many other devices that'll be released by then.

Upvote 0
I understand what you're saying & that normally works, but not so much when they can just switch carriers & not wait to get the same device.

I will not switch because of their coverage. As I'm following the Note 2 on 3 different sites, there are many who are switching carriers just to get it sooner. Some are even being given a discount to cover their ETF's. Many are not carrier dependent/loyal.

Verizon is taking the risk of losing subscribers. Samsung (by not encouraging VZW to release it sooner) is taking the risk that while we wait, we decide to get one of the many other devices that'll be released by then.

I no longer feel that anyone needs to be loyal to a carrier; it's about what works for you and if going to another carrier works; I'm all for it. It's that loyalty that often cripples consumers; leaving us in a holding pattern and never exercising other options.

Before jumping ship I would hope one does their research and know beforehand whether the phone they want and the carrier are a good match.

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
I no longer feel that anyone needs to be loyal to a carrier; it's about what works for you and if going to another carrier works; I'm all for it. It's that loyalty that often cripples consumers; leaving us in a holding pattern and never exercising other options.

Before jumping ship I would hope one does their research and know beforehand whether the phone they want and the carrier are a good match.

I agree, especially with the second part. Way too many switch just to find out they're in a worse situation than before.

Upvote 0
Just remember, our pre-orders say "Ship by 11/27/2012". That means they can ship anywhere between tomorrow and that date.

That date is the absolute latest that the device will ship by.

So, there is hope that we will receive our pre-orders sooner. And, those of us that pre-ordered early should hopefully get ours sooner than the latest ship-by date.

Upvote 0
Just remember, our pre-orders say "Ship by 11/27/2012". That means they can ship anywhere between tomorrow and that date.

That date is the absolute latest that the device will ship by.

So, there is hope that we will receive our pre-orders sooner. And, those of us that pre-ordered early should hopefully get ours sooner than the latest ship-by date.

I was thinking optimistically like that but my experience with Verizon Wireless hasn't been super positive in terms of release dates. I'm fairly certain they won't be shipping earlier than that date. We're just gonna have to waaaaaaaaait.

As the biggest carrier in the US they can make that decision and we have to live with it sadly. It could be because they're creating demand, and know they're the best carrier OR are stocking up for a mad rush to ensure that there's no shortages.

Upvote 0
Based off the S3 you could receive your device as much as 5 days earlier ( maybe even 6 or 7 if your lucky ) then they do in stores. While in the S3 Verizon preorder thread for example, most folks started receiving theirs on the 5th of July ( post from S3 preorder thread for verification http://androidforums.com/4618018-post2959.html ), when it didn't go live in Verizon stores until the 10th of July. This is why for now on I will always preorder, when in the past I have always been a "I'll just wait until it hit stores" person.

Upvote 0
I'm being tempted to jump over to AT&T. Someone talk me out of it, please. I'd be taking on tiered data. If I stay with Verizon I'll be keeping my Unlimited by paying full price. I'm not completely sure that's worth it. I do find that I use on average just under 2 GBs a month, so their 3 GB tier might be more than enough. But then again, I might wind up using more with much faster data and a more powerful phone.

How is their LTE service? How is overall service? I'm on the West Coast in the LA area. I last left AT&T in 2009 for Verizon to get away from iPhone and on to OG Droid.

Upvote 0
(Backstory: I'm 14)

As with other users on here, I went to my local T-Mobile store yesterday (10/26/12) and looked at the GN2. At first I didn't see one on display but I asked the guy at the counter if he had one I could see. He turned around and off the table behind him he grabbed a Note II. I was very surprised that it had no security devices on it, (more on that later) but nonetheless very happy that I could feel it as it is. My dad asked the man how sales were of them and he said that each store in the area (upstate NY) had only gotten 5 units and this certain store had sold out of all five of them.

Now today (10/27/12) I went to another local T-Mobile store and that store had 2 left in stock. The man who had the phone said that they were taking pictures of the store walls and using paper artist to color in everything that was pink. They really must not get a lot of traffic at their store.

~C

PS: I am on live chat with a VZW agent about the Note II launch as of 10:03 EST so I will post how that goes.

Upvote 0
Welp, I got off chat with the VZW rep.
Looks like it gonna be a month *sigh*
She said 11/27, like everything else everybody's heard
*attachment below*

~C

Attachments

• Chat Window.png
    Chat Window.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
I'm one of those people someone alluded to above- one who is not carrier-loyal and will jump if presented the right deal. I've been with Verizon for five or six years now, but I'm growing increasingly wary of their antics but, more importantly, the amount I pay each month for service. I've been telling myself I can't get rid of unlimited data, so I had come to terms with spending nearly $800 for the phone (I'm not upgrade-eligible, anyway).

For what, though? What says I'll get to keep unlimited data once my contract expires? I went to TMobile the other night and tested the Note II. While I was there, I tested the waters regarding ETF assistance and picked up some literature on month-to-month plans (something else I've been threatening to do for a while).

For my needs, HSPA+ is going to be a sufficient filler for LTE, especially considering the money I'll be putting back into my wallet. As an added benefit, the TMo Note II a) has a dormant LTE radio, making it a bit future-proof and b) should not chew the battery as quickly on HSPA+ as compared to LTE.

I'm damn close to making the jump. As I was telling the CS rep at Verizon today when asked why I was considering leaving, the delayed Note II release is the catalyst rather than the cause. I've been considering a PAYG type plan for a while now; it just took the right thing ticking me off to follow through.

So, for those of you still waiting on Red to finally let go of this thing, I feel your pain. I suffered through the Galaxy Nexus mess last year (and the trademark Verizon update drag-assedness over the last year) with many of you, I'm sure.

-Brian

Upvote 0
What says I'll get to keep unlimited data once my contract expires?

Don't know if it will apply to you, but I've been off contract for over a year and still have my unlimited data. I just can't sign a new contract anymore, so only full priced phones for me. I have an old Alltel plan, so I really don't want to lose it (two lines with unlimited LTE, unlimited text, 500 min with 11 friends and family numbers. With GV and an app that 500 min is never touched :p, for about $125/mo)

Upvote 0
I just saw this and got very excited:

Metal Aluminum Home Button Keyboard Sticker F Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 Slv | eBay

I just bought a set. PM if you want to get one and we'll work something out.

How do those attach to the phone? It looks like they aren't a sticker but a little piece of plastic or aluminum. I could see that getting in the way.

As for me, I don't care about the verizon logo on the front or the back, I would get a third party battery cover but I don't want to lose NFC. For cases, I'll probably get either the samsung flip case, this or this

@ScandaLeX Thanks!

~C

Upvote 0
Don't know if it will apply to you, but I've been off contract for over a year and still have my unlimited data. I just can't sign a new contract anymore, so only full priced phones for me. I have an old Alltel plan, so I really don't want to lose it (two lines with unlimited LTE, unlimited text, 500 min with 11 friends and family numbers. With GV and an app that 500 min is never touched :p, for about $125/mo)

Yeah, I'd probably keep that as well.

At this point, there's nothing saying they're going to yank the unlimited rug out from under us, but there's been quite a bit of speculation. I may be able to pull a sweet enough deal at TMobile that I won't end up missing unlimited data at Verizon. I'm hoping to find some time this week to go work something out.

Upvote 0
How do those attach to the phone? It looks like they aren't a sticker but a little piece of plastic or aluminum. I could see that getting in the way.

As for me, I don't care about the verizon logo on the front or the back, I would get a third party battery cover but I don't want to lose NFC. For cases, I'll probably get either the samsung flip case, this or this

@ScandaLeX Thanks!

~C

You're welcome!

Just so you know, the Samsung flip case offers no protection. It's more for style than anything else. I have one (white) and cant wait for my real case to get here.
The 3rd link you posted, I like that one also for style. As far as protection, too much of the phone is still exposed to potential damage.
2nd link looks like it'll cover most of the phone; back and sides.

Upvote 0
You're welcome!

Just so you know, the Samsung flip case offers no protection. It's more for style than anything else. I have one (white) and cant wait for my real case to get here.
The 3rd link you posted, I like that one also for style. As far as protection, too much of the phone is still exposed to potential damage.
2nd link looks like it'll cover most of the phone; back and sides.

I like thin but protective cases for my phones. For my Droid X I had the holster/shell combo and only used the shell. The second link I like, but it seems like it could be thick around the edges and back. The third link looks like it has a lip around the top which would at least hold it off the ground a little bit god forbid it gets dropped

@ScandaLeX Is your flip cover for an S3 or do you have a Note II?

~C

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones