• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

^^^^ No Kidding. I have an upgrade ready to be used. Don't think the RAZR Maxx HD is gonna have a big enough display. Like the S3 a lot, but wanted a bigger display than 4.7. Would buy the Note 2 immediately, and am very interested in the HTC DLX. VZ is just so sloooow to release the top phones it seems.

Upvote 0
Amazing how this device will be in T-Mobile stores in less than 48 hours & this Verizon prelease thread, you know the #1 network :rolleyes: , is the deadest thread here in the Note 2 forum.

No kidding..I never thought I'd find myself slumming It in a T-Mobile thread because I was so hard up for info (no offense to our T-Mo peeps)

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
Yeah I was thinking the same thing - why not just get the smaller version but after some thought thinking about my iphone experience, I am opting to go with the higher gb version just to be safe:

1). I download some apps that take up massive amounts of data - ie, gogo mobile navigator which is a Korea turn by turn GPS navigator. It actually installs the entire map database locally so you can use it regardless of service. The database is 2.5 gigabytes. I also have the Garmin US one which also has a large database. That's like 5 GBs right there.

2). I also download some big games that are 1-2 GB.

3). I Take a lot of photos.

4). I load a lot of movies and Korean dramas onto my phone - you laugh about the movies which are 1-2 gb, but the dramas are 20-30 episodes long and can total 20-30 GBs in aggregate! Yeah I don't need to have all of them on there, but I'm lazy! And I could convert them to a lower rez to match the note an have smaller files - again, I'm lazy.

6) I don't know jack about rooting? This is probably noob of me but I'm guessing may be some complications changing apps to run off sd card vs internal memory? I kind of just want to let the programs install the way they were designed to be installed/run. Thoughts? Caveat - this will be my first android device.

I'm opting for the 64G as well. I do many nandroids and TiBus. Plus my phone is my camera. I have a 32G Gnex right now and it only has 5G left (with no music or movies stored on it!). I've had bad luck with samsung phones and 32gb class 10 cards. They always seem to corrupt on me. I don't want my backups corrupting so I'd rather use internal storage to be safe than sorry. I already ordered a sandisk 64G card from amazon's gold box yesterday, so I'm prepared if need be.

Too bad I'm a girl ��������

:girlhit:

Upvote 0
(with no music or movies stored on it!) I already ordered a sandisk 64G card from amazon's gold box yesterday, so I'm prepared if need be.
Yep, I store a lot of movies. Need that storage. Unfortunately that requirement has put a lot of GREAT phone off the list. Look at the LG Optimus G with 32gb fixed memory. Even at 32gb, one phone, forgot which, was down to 25gb after the OS and bloat. That isn't much storage. I use off line GPS also and maps take 3gb, 4gb music, a few big games take 4gb. Now you are down to 14gb. I have a library of HD movies that are at least 2gb if not more like 4.5-5gb each. Toss 4 movies on there and your done. I typically keep about 15 movies on my Droid X, but they are only 700-1.5gb each. The CPU cannot play higher bit rate movies. With these new quad core, S4 chips, I can now load my HD movies and a 32gb phone probably won't cut it.

I also went to Gold Box and got a 64gb. Great deal at $43.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones