• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

27th is when preorders will ship directly from distribution centers. Instead of going to a store, it will just go to your home.

The last time I pre ordered my iPhone from VZW that's what they did but this one I ordered from a premium retailer so if they ship it on the 27th to the retailer location I'd get my phone later than everyone correct? The guy said they do all the activation stuff at the store and I'd have to go there to pick up? Sorry if this is confusing.

@2011mazdaspeed I read it from this article... And spoke to a few agents that said the hard launch date is the 29th.

http://http://www.pc-tablet.com/10828-samsung-galaxy-note-2-vs-verizon-htc-droid-dna-note-2-features-carriers-battery-beats-verizon-exclusive/

Upvote 0
The last time I pre ordered my iPhone from VZW that's what they did but this one I ordered from a premium retailer so if they ship it on the 27th to the retailer location I'd get my phone later than everyone correct? The guy said they do all the activation stuff at the store and I'd have to go there to pick up? Sorry if this is confusing.

I can't say for certain, but you will proably get it the same day as general release or maybe a day later depending on when the shipper gets to the store. If the store gets their shipment early in the day, then you could probably get it that afternoon. It's rare that someone gets one of these preorders early because VZW has a deal with FedEx (their normal shipper) to do 2 day shipping and not deliver early (even if the device has to sit at the local FedEx distribution center overnight).

Reactions: Morpeeeenote
Upvote 0
Ya, the more I compare to the DNA, the more I like the Note 2. Jack of all trades, no limitations, no compromise (almost).
What is missing?
Well, 1080p is.
Battery size, check.
Replaceable battery, check.
Memory card, check.
Screen sharpness, check.
Screen size, check.
captive buttons not taking screen space, check.
Quad core, check.
JB, check. (Can't believe new phone are still releasing ICS with TWO updates missing. (Droid Razr).
JB 2.2, unfortunately.
2gb ram, check.
A great camera, check. Some just plain old suck (razr, nexus, etc)

Upvote 0
Same here! I see people posting pics with their note2 and its making me depress I don't have mines yet. :(
Went to best buy and played with it tonight. Love the display. Touchwiz and icons are ugly but can be easily resolved. The inking experience with the s-pen is the best you can get on the phone, but it wasn't as good as my samsung slate at home. Hoping I'll be able to get a different pen and calibrate it. Same digitizer technology. Still...I'm in love.

Come on verizon jerks!

Reactions: Morpeeeenote
Upvote 0
Went to best buy and played with it tonight. Love the display. Touchwiz and icons are ugly but can be easily resolved. The inking experience with the s-pen is the best you can get on the phone, but it wasn't as good as my samsung slate at home. Hoping I'll be able to get a different pen and calibrate it. Same digitizer technology. Still...I'm in love.

Come on verizon jerks!

I came across a thread around here last night that said this pen (Wacom Bamboo Pen) works with the Note II.

Upvote 0
I'm all in!!! :D
Just placed my pre-order today. Had to wait until today for the upgrade. I thought about the DNA briefly, but I need more than 11GB of usable internal storage, and I really want the S pen for writing quick notes when I'm on the phone. I already have a belt clip and full body protector (from Phantom Skinz) at home for when my baby arrives.... :smokingsomb:

Lets just hope they ship early! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
My dad is chomping at the bit to get his hands on the Droid DNA, I tell him he's crazy. He has a Droid Bionic right now and he wants to upgrade to either that or the Droid Razr HD/HD Maxx.​

I was busy practicing the motion controls for the Note II on a GS3. My favorite has to be either the double tap on the top to scroll to the top of a list or the touch and move around a picture one.

On Wednesday I don't have school so we're going to go to the Verizon store so my dad can play with a DNA *sigh*

~C

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also found the palm swipe to screenshot to work, some people have been saying they can't use it

Upvote 0
A) Are you sure its on in the settings? Each motion control has a separate on/off switch.

B) I did it by holding the phone in my left hand (I'm right handed) and using my right index and middle fingers.

~C

Yes it's on in motions. Guess I should've said that in the previous post. Right index & middle finger- where exactly are you tapping?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones