• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Upvote 0
Let's not get carried away. Maybe it can be sandpapered off like w/ the Bionic.
If you read the Droid-life article is also states
"The actual device will have a Verizon logo on the home button, on both the white and grey versions. Not only that, but the back battery cover will have "Verizon and "4G LTE" as well.

I guess they just love pissing folks off lol
I just hope my carrier did get carried away like Verizon.

TS

Upvote 0
Just came from T-Mobile trying out their Note 2. They only had one working model and no store displays at all.

This thing is noticeably smoother and faster than the GS3.. and that phone is more than fast enough. It's definitely a beauty as well! Nothing about it has changed my mind from proceeding with it as soon as it hits Verizon.

Now how do I go about securing that payment plan for a full-price purchase? I'm due for an upgrade in March, but I neither want to use an upgrade and get locked into tiered-data or wait until March.

Upvote 0
So I wonder if the S Pen will have the Verizon logo on it ? :banghead::banghead::D
I think its Verizons way of saying to the customer, You are my Bitch and don't you forget it. "p

Joking aside, Now if every carrier has the same branding whether on front, back or both then most wouldn't care, but for one to be so bold and so arrogant about it, and do it while others are not, I too would be highly pissed if it was my carrier.

TS

Upvote 0
Joking aside, Now if every carrier has the same branding whether on front, back or both then most wouldn't care, but for one to be so bold and so arrogant about it, and do it while others are not, I too would be highly pissed if it was my carrier.

TS

Agree w/ you on the bold part, but that's Verizon for you. Very arrogant company.

At first I was pissed off, but the more I think about it I just laugh & roll my eyes. I'll just pick up the unbranded back cover on ebay like I did w/ my S3 so no biggie there. As far the home button logo, I might try to whole sandpaper deal, if not it's not the end of the world. I'm just still so surprised they actually went thru w/ it. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
questions that some may know

1. Did samsung have their big show to unveil the note 2 (done already)?

2. When can we preorder it from verizon?

3. Can we order 64 gig version (if not what is options, hopefully NOT 16)?

4. Confirmed start to ship date from verizon?

5. Confirmed price (I think I read $299.99, but for what 64 gig or 32 gig and hopefully not 16gig)?

What we know is, white or gray and verizon branded all over it.

I know some of these may still be in linger, but maybe some can be answered by someone that has read elsewhere.

THANK YOU

Upvote 0
questions that some may know

1. Did samsung have their big show to unveil the note 2 (done already)?

2. When can we preorder it from verizon?

3. Can we order 64 gig version (if not what is options, hopefully NOT 16)?

4. Confirmed start to ship date from verizon?

5. Confirmed price (I think I read $299.99, but for what 64 gig or 32 gig and hopefully not 16gig)?

What we know is, white or gray and verizon branded all over it.

I know some of these may still be in linger, but maybe some can be answered by someone that has noread elsewhere.

THANK YOU

1. No, it's tonight.
2. Don't know yet.
3. No, only the 16 GB is available in the U.S.
4. Unknown yet.
5. Yes, $299 on contract for 16 GB.

Upvote 0
1. No, it's tonight.
2. Don't know yet.
3. No, only the 16 GB is available in the U.S.
4. Unknown yet.
5. Yes, $299 on contract for 16 GB.

I don't mean this statement to go to anyone here, but it is for all the stupid A!! cell companies and SAMSUNG! Of course if #3 is true that US only gets 16 useless gig.

Why the Hell would one make a device PHABLET (phone and tablet) that is a high end device, that users would need more than 10 gig free (all the other goes toward the OS) to store there Docs and apps on, I alone have the siii 32 gig one, and only have 10.28 gig free left of main storage, if I did not store my movies and pictures and music and documents on the SD card I would have a phone that would not work at all, it would be too bussy telling me to delete stuff all the time!!!!!!!

I mean really WTH is going on, WHAT A LETDOWN!!!! and a JOKE!!!!

Upvote 0
I don't mean this statement to go to anyone here, but it is for all the stupid A!! cell companies and SAMSUNG! Of course if #3 is true that US only gets 16 useless gig.

Why the Hell would one make a device PHABLET (phone and tablet) that is a high end device, that users would need more than 10 gig free (all the other goes toward the OS) to store there Docs and apps on, I alone have the siii 32 gig one, and only have 10.28 gig free left of main storage, if I did not store my movies and pictures and music and documents on the SD card I would have a phone that would not work at all, it would be too bussy telling me to delete stuff all the time!!!!!!!

I mean really WTH is going on, WHAT A LETDOWN!!!! and a JOKE!!!!

Registered just so I can post this serious Co-Sign.

If the 16gb is the only version available at launch, its a travesty. At the very least 32GB should have made it to our shores. You can't tell me, Samsung didn't know that most Note 2 fans are drawn to the phone's versatility.

How much versatility can 16gb, scratch that, 9gb provide? I understand one can buy an SD card. But apps 2 SD isn't native.

Lets say all of us, that have been drooling for this to drop, decide to pull the trigger on the 16gb. What happens if they decide to release the 32gb or 64gb in December, or early 2013? I guess those of us on contract are left holding the bag huh.

I can't put into words how painful it would be to have to pay $350 to break my contract and then have to drop another 440 for 16 gigs.

Hope it isn't so.

Upvote 0
Was going to buy it...Then $299 price tag killed it for me but I still wanted it...THEN...the freaking logo on the home button?!?!

Screw you Verizon, take your Note 2 and SHOVE IT. I ain't buying that crap.

LOL @ $299. Some of us are paying full price. As far as the home button, CNN.CN will have new home buttons eventually like they do for the S3. Until then, find a sticker, sand it off, paint over it.

There's plenty of ways to get rid of the logo on the home button without depriving yourself of the most amazing phone to come out this year.

And if you're not buying the phone just because of that, then you really didn't want the phone that bad anyway. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones