• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

The post by treb is 100% accurate. Pre orders start at midnight tonight and the official release date is November 29th. Its not a mistake and its not October 29th. Trust me folks.

Does that make sense?

If the device isn't available until Nov 29th, do we really need to preorder it? I don't envision these going off the shelves like iPhones given how polarizing the size is for people.

can't I just go to a store in a month on the 29th???

Upvote 0
a one month preorder seems far fetched. While the Note 2 is going to be huge, it will only be huge with those who want a phone that large. I know many folks who have opted for the S3 even after hearing of this phone simply due to size.

I will not believe a pre order tonight and ship on 11/29 until it is written by vzw themselves.

The HTC DLX or whatever it will be called is already rumored for mid november. Why would they ship this phone AFTER a full 1080p HD 5" HTC phone is released.

Upvote 0
a one month preorder seems far fetched. While the Note 2 is going to be huge, it will only be huge with those who want a phone that large. I know many folks who have opted for the S3 even after hearing of this phone simply due to size.

I will not believe a pre order tonight and ship on 11/29 until it is written by vzw themselves.

I agree, that seems odd. But then again, this is Verizon....

Upvote 0
I'm hearing very sad rumors that, at this time only the 16 is available in the US. That is NOT factual but all reports do seem to be pointing to it.

Really? That doesn't make sense either?

Isn't that like the big elephant in the room? So they can talk about:

1) carriers and availability
2) colors
3) memory sizes available

It's 3 things!!!! Seriously?

Upvote 0
Just got off live chat with Verizon rep:
"Please hold for a Support Representative to assist you.
Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. My name is Tiffany, how may I assist you?
Eric: Hi Tiffany, I see on your website that the Galaxy Note II pre-order is up. I was wondering when the device will be actually released?
Tiffany: Hello Eric. I am glad to see that you are interested. We just got this information also. Let me take a look one moment please.
Eric: Thank you!
Tiffany: Thank you for your patience. I am showing that you can preorder on the 25th and the 29th will ship unless on back order.
Eric: The 29th of October?
Tiffany: Once you place the order you should get a ship date
Tiffany: Yes
Eric: And they will be available in stores that day as well?
Eric: And the pre-order goes live at midnight I asssume?
Eric: Thanks for all your help Tiffany =)
Tiffany: You're welcome"

tl;dr: preorder at midnight, shipping on the 29th of october

Upvote 0
I have two pcs one laptop and one Note 1 all running tweets, web searches on the event and nothing has come up about 32 and 64 GB versions being mentioned at the event or elsewhere for that matter. :mad:

TS

That emoticon matches my face to the letter. I'm doing the same thing. Looking for anything to keep the fire of hope lit. Its feeling more and more like I'll be going at least another 30 days phoneless.

With Samsung losing that patent suit today, you'd figure they'd be doing all they can to get as many of their devices into people's hands.

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2012-10-24-21-35-46_zps3b5a6a7b.png

This is what I was just told.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones