• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon Note 3 has never Updated

Shnuddy

Dec 14, 2009
My Verizon Note 3, which I purchased last December, has never updated since version 4.3. I just realized this the other day when I saw that my husband's Note, purchased at the same time, was updating automatically. When I check settings, it says that update is unavailable, and when I force it to check, it says update service is unavailable. My phone has never been rooted.

Is there a way to do this myself or do I need to go to Verizon? From what I've read today, it doesn't sound as if they've very helpful.

Sorry if this has come up before. I tried searching first, but did see anything similar.

ETA: I figured this out and did it using the Verizon Update Assistant. It still probably won't update automatically, but at least I can do to it manually.

Last edited:
I wonder if doing a factory reset would blindly straighten out whatever has caused this behavior for your device? Quick to try, but a hassle in other ways, of course.

I've heard of others doing a factory reset for this issue work little success. It's such a PITA that I think I'll just continue top check manually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones