• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 3 (sm-n900v) on T-mobile SOLVED

BobbyGoose

Lurker
Jun 2, 2011
Fully functional.

Basically what the most important part is, setting up the right APN info. There are a few choices, but I found the one that works.

First, root the phone with Note_3_Verizon_5.0_ROOT_Tool_BY_CDMA-YEMEN, easily found with google, copy and paste the file name.

Second, setup new APN (once rooted, unsure if it is a must, but, might as well start there).

settings, mobile networks, Access Point Names
-name it T-Mobile LTE

Everything has to be exactly as I type it.

Name T-Mobile LTE
APN fast.tmobile.com
MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MCC 310
MNC 260
APN TYPE default,supl,admin,dun,mms
APN PROTOCOL IPv4
------------------------------------------------------

Once that is done, make sure you are on Global under Mobile Networks.

------------------
Bonus, to get rid of the NOT VERIZON SIM notification, simply use a Titanium Backup type to freeze/uninstall all verizon.
Activation Agent is what is responsible for the SIM notification, so make sure that one is taken care of.

I hope this helps some of you that are frustrated with suggestions but no results.

It's a beautiful day, go for a hike.

I wonder if this will work with MetroPCS. I went into a store with my stock Verizon Note 3 and one of the salesmen put their personal sim into my phone and I got phone signal. But they didn't want me to try for data. I know I have the MetroPCS APN info somewhere I could probably put in.

Great job reporting what worked for you on T-Moblie.

Upvote 0
Update with the Note 3...

So I got a lil too comfortable after rooting and disabled the boot animations, it caused a bootloop, which then led to a "failure to update" screen while troubleshooting.

In the end, using odin 3 and Lollipop firmware was used to reset the device.
MENU+VOLUME DOWN+POWER on phone to boot to download mode. With Odin, install firmware under AP and ONLY have Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checked. Use AP to load firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones