• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon OTA 2.2 for Fascinate.

stanmancan

Lurker
Oct 19, 2010
I sold two verizon galaxy s's around 7 pm pacific time tonight and to my suprise there was two major updates. After the updates the phones now have wifi hotspot and cool new wallpapers as well as some other nice features that I have heard only Froyo comes with. Can someone else confirm this with me by checking their phones for updates?:D

I sold two verizon galaxy s's around 7 pm pacific time tonight and to my suprise there was two major updates. After the updates the phones now have wifi hotspot and cool new wallpapers as well as some other nice features that I have heard only Froyo comes with. Can someone else confirm this with me by checking their phones for updates?:D

if you have another opportunity with these or other phones, go to:
settings>about phone> firmware version

let us know what it says.

Upvote 0

I believe these were small updates (fixes) that verizon had pushed to the phone back from Sept. I recently got my Fascinate a few weeks ago and it too had an update, not Froyo though. Also this phone already came with Wifi tether, which in some other phones isn't available until Froyo (i.e. HTC Incredible)

Check out the link http://www.usanewsweek.com/news/Verizon-Releases-Minor-Update-For-Samsung-Fascinate-1285243654/

Reactions: nitsuj17
Upvote 0
I believe these were small updates (fixes) that verizon had pushed to the phone back from Sept. I recently got my Fascinate a few weeks ago and it too had an update, not Froyo though. Also this phone already came with Wifi tether, which in some other phones isn't available until Froyo (i.e. HTC Incredible)

Check out the link Verizon Releases Minor Update For Samsung Fascinate

well said. it seems that verizon did not manually update many of the fascinates to the latest ota before selling them. if it was an os change like 2.2 they tend to do it, but didnt seem to care about a maintence update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones