Verizon "partnership"...General

Last Updated:

1. Eric Bishop

Eric Bishop Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...would seem to be a partnership based on a firm agreement that they would announce that they had a partnership. Oh, and another Motorola also-ran and a neutered HTC proof-of-concept model.

Anyway, welcome Nexus One! Goodbye Verizon partnership! Great job cashing in on a lie....uhhhh, I mean successful marketing campaign!

Advertisement
  2. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

What is this? I don't even.....

3. 88rich88

88rich88 Active Member

Huh??? Is there some link that's missing

4. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Uhhhh..

Are you talking about the Verizon/Google partnership? HTC?

5. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

6. luger

luger Member

Weirdly phrased, but I think he's trying to say that the press conference announcing a partnership between Google and Verizon Wireless has not resulted in a true partnership since the "Google Phone" is going to T-Mobile. I understand the frustration but I've stopped caring about what else is out there as far as phones and started being happy with what I already own.

7. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

Well I'm sure it has to do with the fact that TMobile has been on board with Android from the getgo and Verizon was pretty reluctant. Honestly, I don't care. Some service is always going to have a better phone than another one. If you think somehow that all the providers will have the same great phone, you're wrong, so quit holding your breath.

8. luger

luger Member

Completely agreed. I'm happy with my phone. But, I did think that the "partnership" with the press conference and such meant a whole lot more about the relationship Verizon and Google would have. Oh well.

Here's the link from just a little over two months ago:
    Verizon And Google Announce Partnership | Android Phone Fans

The smartphone world changes so fast. Droids and Nexus Ones weren't even heard of at that point.

9. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

Yeah, from that, all I am getting is that the "partnership" meant that Verizon would finally be getting some
    Android phones...Not that it would be getting every Android phone to come. And OP I think you're referencing the Eris as a "proof of concept" phone? It's not a proof of concept phone, it's a remake of the Hero from Sprint.

10. Eric Bishop

Very important life lesson, once stated eloquently by Sheryl Crow, true, and that sentiment was what I was getting at.

The Verizon "partnership" seems to be essentially a fraud in terms of what I was expecting from their marketing campaign. Of course, I'm sure Verizon would take issue with what I believed I could "reasonably expect". Still, the Nexus One, if released on T-Mobile and (God forbid) AT&T would be a clear indication, in my estimation, that Verizon's marketing blitzkrieg for Android was just a case of sneaking in a clever ruse between the moved of the more serious players. The Nexus One would seem to make the Motorola Droid a clunky piece of garbage. The Droid's nonsensically designed keyboard should have been a red flag that this was nothing but the excrement of desperation on Motorola's part. It took what...like 4 weeks for a much better alternative to enter the market. So, it seems that Verizon's reputation is still firmly intact...great network, weak phones (allegedly).

11. Eric Bishop

...until Jan 5th, you mean?

12. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

Jan 5th by invite? That may not be vzw???

13. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

I am guessing Verizon might want to put more of their crap on the next gen android phones whereas the Eris and Droid are basically vanilla. Perhaps that is a reason google went to t mobile. Remember vz makes a lot of money off all their gimmicks.

14. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

We're forgetting that the Nexus One, if it's going to T-Mobile, is a GSM phone. That means it can't work on verizon period. I was hoping google would be the ones to design a truly agnostic phone, a GSM/CDMA hybrid if you will.