Verizon plan discount???

Last Updated:

1. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did anyone notice that their corporate discounts on secondary/tertiary lines ended as of the October 2009 billing cycle?

I was getting a 20% discount on the data package for each line I had through my company and it just stopped. Verizon stated they stopped giving it out for anything but the primary line, but can't find any documentation where they notified me or the company.

Anyone else see this?

S

Advertisement
  2. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

Secondary lines have never been eligible for discounts. It was a billing error that has since been corrected. You should have been notified via a bill insert.

3. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Agreed. The corporate discount I've been getting over the years for my family plan was only on the primary line and has always been stated as so. I've never had the need for data so I only noticed recently that it's only discounted for the primary line.

4. mek_man

mek_man Member

I experienced the same thing.. my wife and I had the data plan on my two lines with a 22% access discount for data and my line had 22% on voice. We stopped using the data 6 months ago, but recently when we each got Droids they only gave me a data discount on the primary line.

Glad I'm not the only one.. because I tried to argue with Verizon for a while. They just said they stopped doing it recently.

5. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I called about it today and they said they sent out notifications in the mail in September 2009, but they can't seem to find the notifications. If you log into MyVerizon under your Message Center it shows all the notifications/mail that they have sent out over the years (mine since 2007), but nothing about the change in discounts. Several people I work with have multiple lines with data packages and they all got the discount on the data packages for all their lines. It all stopped in Oct. 2009 with no one even noticing or being notified.

They have escalated it to the Business division to research and get me a copy of what they sent me. It's going to be interesting if they can find it. ;)

S

6. butthead007

Most corporate discounts require that a voice line be on a plan of $34.99 or higher for the discount to be applied. Secondary lines are $9.99, so the discount never should have been applied in the first place.

7. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed so I just checked my bill online. Sure enough, my data plan isn't discounted but my wife's voice plan (her phone is the primary but she has no data plan) does have the 20% discount.

If I call VZW, can they switch the primary line designation to mine so that I can get the discount on my data plan?

8. butthead007

Yes they can. It will teset nrw every 2 date. not eligoble upgrade though.

9. 4x4le

4x4le Well-Known Member

somewhat offtopic: I went to change my voice plan $59.99 900mins to $69.99 unlimited and when we got all done with the switch and they were having me sign the thing they told me that my 20% company discount will no longer work for me...
    I refused to sign and made them set my plan back up the old way. Why wait for me to sign?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

10. 00smurf

00smurf Well-Known Member

The representative was just doing the Consumer Clear Disclosure that is required with any changes to fees on the account. It just is required to be disclosed before any changes on the account are completed. And yes any unlimited voice plan single/family share plan are not eligible for any Employee Liable End User discount

00smurf