• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon replaced my busted Droid, no questions asked

ryanbroham

Nov 8, 2009
So I was out at a bar Wednesday night and my friend and I were playing one of these dumb "test your strength" punching bag video games. I went to punch the thing without removing my Droid from my sweatshirt pocket, and of course it came flying out. The phone bounced off my shoe, but the battery door popped off and the battery hit the tile pretty hard.

After putting the battery back in the Droid, it would not boot. Tried plugging into the charger when I got back home and nothing. At this point I figured I would have to use my insurance to replace the phone.

However, the next morning I went into a Verizon store and told them it just shut off while on the charger overnight and wouldn't turn back on in the morning. The rep replaced the battery and still the phone would not boot. So, he grabbed a new phone, put my SD card AND the original battery in and Voila!

The new Droid is running faster than my original, with seemingly better battery life. I'm dumbfounded. I really didn't expect a replacement Droid on the spot in the store. (I purchased my original on launch day, so I was well beyond the 30 day return period, and even though the phone is under warranty, I figured they would have to send it in and I'd have to wait for a replacement in the mail)

Anyhow, just wanted to mention my great experience with Verizon customer service and see if anyone else has had a similar one?

So basically you told them a bold faced lie and that is why you got it replaced. They keep replacements in stock all the time, ( storm owner and had 6!) so they are going to have droids there. I guarantee you if you had been honest and said you dropped it they would have used insurance. Do not get me wrong I am not the moral police or really care that you lied I just think your "great" experience was only under false pretenses.

Upvote 0
So basically you told them a bold faced lie and that is why you got it replaced. They keep replacements in stock all the time, ( storm owner and had 6!) so they are going to have droids there. I guarantee you if you had been honest and said you dropped it they would have used insurance. Do not get me wrong I am not the moral police or really care that you lied I just think your "great" experience was only under false pretenses.

Come on the device is expensive. He made a mistake. I would do anything to not pay 500 dollars for a new droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones