[Verizon] [ROM][4.1.1] Bugless Beast

Last Updated:

1. Ed5275

Ed5275 Well-Known Member

Anyone else's battery life get shot to hell on this? Mine is REALLY bad now.

2. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

I can't tell if my battery life is worse after flashing or because I've been playing around with it so much. I'll have to give it at least a week or two before I come to any conclusions.
  3. millenium

millenium Well-Known Member

im getting extremely slow DL speeds on the new nightly..and the download keeps failing..guess ill just wait til the weekend
  4. tomato88

tomato88 Well-Known Member

Someone tweeted a Google Drive mirror on Peter's twitter: Link
    iDon't likes this.
  5. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member

Did a full wipe and runs great (as did the previous version). For the life of me I can't figure out why everyone isn't running this (unless you use verizons voicemail, and if you are that makes me wonder :confused:).

Beauty... everyone say beauty! :dong:

VTENGR Well-Known Member

Which Gapps did you flash? I can't find a link on his site.
  7. bubbaken

No need to flash gapps, it's built into the rom.
    VTENGR and soy.lor.n like this.
  8. millenium

My battery life seems to be doing a little better on the newest nightly..
  9. Ed5275

Ed5275 Well-Known Member

Anyone's Verizon Visual Voicemail actually working?
  10. gt5oh

gt5oh Well-Known Member

What Kernel and Radio do I pair with this rom?
  11. xfuchsiax

xfuchsiax Well-Known Member

Been running this for a few hours and I'm loving it.
  12. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Pete recommends sticking to the stock kernel as the full kernel source is not available.

Radio will be dependent on your phone and your location. He has all the radios in flashable form on his site so you might want to try them and see what works best for you. gl!
  13. gt5oh

gt5oh Well-Known Member

I am in NYC and on Verizon Galaxy Nexus... I am curious my Signal bar never appears full. On ICS it was always prett accurate and now with Jellybean its always really low, I mean my calls work for the most part but it doesnt seem right visually..
  14. NOLA_Droid

NOLA_Droid Well-Known Member

Been running the 7/19 build all day and I must say, this ROM is nothing but stable. I do miss some of the tweaks and customizations available in AOKP, but I will probably be sticking with this ROM for the long haul. Nearly, if not completely, flawless.
  15. gt5oh

gt5oh Well-Known Member

Why is the radio/signal icon not accurate? I feel like it never shows bars -- Did I miss a step in flashing? This is the first ROM I have flashed since an original droid..
  16. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

After flashing it for about a week now, I have noticed that the battery life is much worse than stock. Does the newest build fix that? If it's the circle battery mod, how do I remove that? I don't know how to unflash things.
  17. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

Flashed this ROM yesterday and I am loving it so far! JellyBean is an incredible experience. So fast and smooth all the time!
  18. gt5oh

gt5oh Well-Known Member

Well my signal problem is fine now, realized it was just me.

Im running bugless beast 4.1.1 jelly bean and im on my battery 10hours 8minutes 40 seconds and im at 14% battery

the battery manager says Screen is 56% culrpit.. which is strange since I leave it on Automatic Brightness always, is this normal?
  19. bubbaken

Pete noted the automatic brightness only partially works as the screen will get brighter but does not dim when moving into low light. Try manually setting your brightness until the fix comes.

gt5oh likes this.
  20. gt5oh

gt5oh Well-Known Member

thanks for this info
  21. millenium

i take it a third party app wouldnt help this issue huh
  22. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

Installed this ROM last night....my speaker seems much louder, which is a good thing 'cause the stock ICS seemed too low and weak w/music on the GN. I'm I imagining this?
  23. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Just a quick update its been about a week for me on LeanKernel 4.1.0 on Bugless Beast and after letting it break in, today I achieved 15 hours of unplugged time, and a hair under 3 hours of screen time. This is on the stock battery and by far the best screen on time I've seen on JellyBean. Just thought I'd throw that out there but I'm still loving Bugless Beast and don't see myself changing any time soon :)
    mhtrang likes this.
  24. LoBatt

LoBatt Well-Known Member

Neither native tether nor FoxFi work for me. Do you have the link?
  25. dougleto

dougleto Active Member

Installed the 7/19 BB nightly a few days ago and, for the most part, am really liking JB. I do have a couple of questions/comments that I would appreciate getting some feedback on to see if its just me or a general problem:

1) Wifi signal seems worse than with Stock ICS 4.0.4. With ICS, my wifi signal in my bedroom was weak but reliable. Now it is weak and very unreliable, constantly disconnecting. I read that this was an issue in 4.1 and you could reflash ICS wifi drivers, but the most recent article stating this was from June and I figured this might have been included in the ROM. Anyone have any insight into this?

2) Voice recognition when trying to use the voice dialer over bluetooth is absolutely atrocious (and I have downloaded offline voice and have checked the make voice recognition better over time [or something like that] option in voice settings. Out of 10+ tries, not a SINGLE ONE has been correct. ICS had a 80+% success rate with the same names. This is really, really annoying to me. Anyone else had this experience?

3) Launching the camera app seems slow. This is important to me because with two crazy little kids, every second counts when I'm trying to fire up my camera to catch their shenanigans. But it takes ~2 seconds for the camera app to load when I swipe to the camera from the homescreen. I was hoping that project butter might have fixed this (I think it was about the same on ICS), but apparently it didn't. On the flip side, I love the changes they made to the camera app (I like the fly-off effect when you take a picture; my phone is almost always on vibrate and its very useful in knowing that I actually took a picture). I also really love the changes to the gallery and how much easier it is to delete a picture.

4) Tethering apps. Neither FoxFi or Wifi Tether are working for me. I've setup native tether but haven't tried it yet. I will try soon. Previous posts mention a workaround to get the native tether working but I haven't found it myself. Also, I've searched for a native tether widget to enable/disable it but haven't found anything yet, just a settings shortcut, which isn't terrible, but a dedicated on/off widget would be nice.