• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] Codename Android 1.5.0 - Updated 3/5/12

Updated OP to show newest release info

Changelog
### 1.3.2
* common: added all launguages back
* common: uncentered stock unlock down layout
* common: fixed custom sms app on four target unlock down lockscreen
* common: much nicer big clock lockscreen layout (thanks to gsxrdon)
tongue3.png

* common: updated the method in which the google apps are installed (fixes nfc, adds exchange support, and instant app restore)

### 1.3.0
* common: the ability to switch the recents button with search (codenamedroid)
* common: adb over network (CM)
* common: fixed init.d start-up tweaks
* common: reverted backlight on by default
* common: Speaker Proximity Sensor (phone -> settings -> dialpad settings -> speaker proximity settings)
* common: Customizable nav button glow speed (original idea - crushd, settings rommanbb)
* common: Quick unlock - Unlock password/pin lockscreen without pressing enter button (Danesh)
* common: Powerkey shutter - Allows user to use the power key to take pictures/videos (Danesh - camera settings -> power shutter)
* common: Updates to phone and contacts app (CM)
* common: Updated and reorganized performance settings
* common: Overclocking settings now displays your "Current Frequency" (CM)
* common: moved disable boot animation to performance settings
* common: reverted "smooth zooming" in the camera (not much smoother and caused small graphical glitch")
* common: customizable menu visibility and location
(original idea - Paul Obrien, settings - romanbb, fixed to update imediately (no reboot needed) and modified for CNA - codenamedroid)

* common: new battery options (miui, cm, romanbb, sethyx, kejar)
updated miui battery bar code for customizable thickness
and location, and customizable battery sytle including
circlemod and the ability to completely turn it off)

* common: huge lockscreen cleanup and configurablilty update (codenamedroid)
the lock screen layout is now no longer dependent on the number of
targets, there are unlock_right configurations for all number of
targets, and there are new layouts: stock, stock w/centered ring, big
clock, and big clock w/centered ring
switching search for recents

* Galaxy Nexus: increased speaker volume (codenamedroid)
* Galaxy Nexus: update to codename android kernel 1.3.2

I've been running liquid's rom for a while I think I may try out the newest codename rom.

Also it looks like if you are interested in building a rom the dev (codenamedroid) is putting out a tutorial at Codename Android

Upvote 0
1.3.3 is up.

Changelog:
### 1.3.3
* common: fixes google wallet
* common: fixed set on boot in new overclocking settings
* common: adds option for either replacing recents with search or having all four
* common: update maps and google wallet
* Galaxy Nexus (CDMA): updated to 4.0.4 proprietary files
* Galaxy Nexus: Codename Kernel 1.4.0 (Upgraded to 3.0.20, Enabled CP210 drived for usb serial, and added ksm)

already updated the OP for you, yeahha. ;)

Reactions: Yeahha
Upvote 0
I just flashed this codename rom onto my gnex. And now my Gmail account won't work. It says "unfortunately, Gmail has stopped". Any ideas why?? Is this a common problem?

Did you wipe before the flash? I would check the md5 then boot into recovery wipe data, system, cache, and dalvik and flash again.

Don't restore any system data when you start restoring things either

Upvote 0
Did you wipe before the flash? I would check the md5 then boot into recovery wipe data, system, cache, and dalvik and flash again.

Don't restore any system data when you start restoring things either

That's the one thing I don't like about this ROM ... I mean obviously before installing it for the first time, or on top of another maker's ROM you have to do a full wipe, but I hate having to do a complete wipe just for updates. Some ROMs allow updates over the top of an older version with simply a cache/davlik wipe.

Still my ROM of choice, though! :)

Upvote 0
That's the one thing I don't like about this ROM ... I mean obviously before installing it for the first time, or on top of another maker's ROM you have to do a full wipe, but I hate having to do a complete wipe just for updates. Some ROMs allow updates over the top of an older version with simply a cache/davlik wipe.

Still my ROM of choice, though! :)

I always do a full wipe, even if the dev says it isn't needed. I would rather be safe than sorry and if you do a full wipe it is almost certian you will not have force close issues

Upvote 0
1.4.0 is posted. :cool:

Changelog:
* common: CNASettings has been merged into settings and has been completely re-writen to work better on both phones and tablets
* common: removed google apps from compile
* common: added the file manager back
* common: wait to lock screen (romanbb)
* common: webos style recents (Zaphod-Beeblebrox)
* common: better rotation control options (Team Eos)
* common: Added CombinedBar Auto Hide (Flemmard)
* common: all lockscreen graphics have been improved and resized (androiduser)
* common: root is now option (cyanogen - in developer options)
* common: faster transition animations in the launcher (nebkat)
* common: Hiding media from folder with .nomedia file. (cyanogen)
* common: all battery and clock customizations now work on tablets
* common: enabled the Notification Power Widget Enable on tablets (TDR)
* common: improved scrolling chache for much smoother scrolling (pawitp)
* common: zRam and Kernel samepage merging (cm - performance -> memory management)
* common: option for always enabling battery percentage on the lock screen (whitehawkx)
* common: improvements made to the lockscreen to work better on both phones and tablets (codenamedroid)
* common: phone target is now replaced with browser when compiled for tablets
* common: camera unlock target is now always accross from the unlock target to emulate the stock android lockscreen layout
* common: Increase Zygote preload GC threshold to half the heapgrowthlimit for faster boot times (Vijay Dandiga)
* common: fully configurable power menu (romanbb for screenshot and codenamedroid for reboot and airplainemode - Interface -> General)
reboot and screenshot options disabled by default to be more in line with stock
* common: made clock on big clock a tab bit smaller: looks nicer and works better on phones with smaller screens
* common: Profiles - Quiet Hours - gives the ability to have certain sounds, vibrations, and notifications to mute a specific times (DvTonder)
* common: fast torch - enable flash light from lockscreen by holding down on the power button while the screen is off (Zaphod-Beeblebrox - Interface -> Lockscreen)

Reactions: SolidOrange
Upvote 0
1.4.0 is posted. :cool:

Changelog:
* common: CNASettings has been merged into settings and has been completely re-writen to work better on both phones and tablets
* common: removed google apps from compile
* common: added the file manager back
* common: wait to lock screen (romanbb)
* common: webos style recents (Zaphod-Beeblebrox)
* common: better rotation control options (Team Eos)
* common: Added CombinedBar Auto Hide (Flemmard)
* common: all lockscreen graphics have been improved and resized (androiduser)
* common: root is now option (cyanogen - in developer options)
* common: faster transition animations in the launcher (nebkat)
* common: Hiding media from folder with .nomedia file. (cyanogen)
* common: all battery and clock customizations now work on tablets
* common: enabled the Notification Power Widget Enable on tablets (TDR)
* common: improved scrolling chache for much smoother scrolling (pawitp)
* common: zRam and Kernel samepage merging (cm - performance -> memory management)
* common: option for always enabling battery percentage on the lock screen (whitehawkx)
* common: improvements made to the lockscreen to work better on both phones and tablets (codenamedroid)
* common: phone target is now replaced with browser when compiled for tablets
* common: camera unlock target is now always accross from the unlock target to emulate the stock android lockscreen layout
* common: Increase Zygote preload GC threshold to half the heapgrowthlimit for faster boot times (Vijay Dandiga)
* common: fully configurable power menu (romanbb for screenshot and codenamedroid for reboot and airplainemode - Interface -> General)
reboot and screenshot options disabled by default to be more in line with stock
* common: made clock on big clock a tab bit smaller: looks nicer and works better on phones with smaller screens
* common: Profiles - Quiet Hours - gives the ability to have certain sounds, vibrations, and notifications to mute a specific times (DvTonder)
* common: fast torch - enable flash light from lockscreen by holding down on the power button while the screen is off (Zaphod-Beeblebrox - Interface -> Lockscreen)

i will definitely be loading this tomorrow! especially excited about these 2 additions:

* common: fast torch - enable flash light from lockscreen by holding down on the power button while the screen is off (Zaphod-Beeblebrox - Interface -> Lockscreen

:D

OP has been updated as well. ;)

Upvote 0
So flashing to 1.4 from 1.3.3 will this wipe my phone?? Anyway it won't get rid of my home screens and all my settings??? Since I'm not going to a diff rom, just upgrading.

you will have to manually wipe in clockwork recovery as you did to install 1.3.3. for future reference, if you are using a 3rd party launcher such as Nova, you can back up your homescreen layout so that you don't have to set it all up again every time you wipe. if you are using the stock launcher, there is no way to do this. settings will be erased no matter what you do. this is the only downfall with CNA, in my opinion. there are other roms available that don't require a wipe between every single version.

Upvote 0
I installed a skinned SMS app (the black theme one), dialer app, and calculator app. The dialer nixed T9 dialing that this ROM does so well. I really installed it by accident more than anything. It's also buggy, and doesn't register all my key presses when I'm putting in a password for voicemail or banking.

So on the last update I installed, I did a complete wipe, and installed the ROM afterwards like we're supposed to. Everything updated and runs great ... except that gosh-darned stupid black theme dialer is STILL THERE!! I posted on the rootz wiki forum for that theme and no one has answered.

Any ideas??? I am planning on wiping again to install the latest update, but I want to make sure that fail dialer is GONE. I don't mind the SMS and calculator apps because they're black, though, and I like the significant battery savings. I can always reinstall those.

Upvote 0
By complete wipe did you wipe /system from the mounts and storage menu? That is the only reason I can think of for the modified dialer to still be there.

No. I've done it the two other ways. I did it once from the recovery, and I did it using ROM manager once as well, which I assume just reboots into recovery and uses that method to wipe anyways, then installs your new, updated ROM before rebooting. Should I do it through the mounts and storage menus too??

Upvote 0
In recovery go to mounts and storage and choose the option to wipe /system before flashing the rom.

My process is boot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache (under advanced in recovery), make a backup, wipe /data, wipe /system (under mounts and storage in recovery), flash rom from SD

What's your favorite way to back your data up? I use titanium backup, but I can't copy that folder onto my computer directly. I have to literally plug a flash drive into my Gnex with that little 2.25 adapter, use stickmount, and then root explorer will successfully copy the entire contents of my titanium backup folder to my flash drive. Then, if when I wipe the SD portion gets wiped too, I can reload my apps with that titanium backup folder.

When I try to copy the whole titanium backup folder into windows, it just stops. It might copy two or three, or maybe none, and then it just quits. Sometimes it gives an error message. This happens even after a phone restart, making sure all apps and processes that can be closed are closed, etc. Sometimes I miss having a removable memory card.

Are you sure none of those options will wipe the SD portion? I remember doing a wipe earlier and my SD portion was completely gone, and I needed to use my backup folder.

Upvote 0
I use TiBU also. You should be able to copy the backups to the cpu they are located at /sdcard/titaniumbackup

None of the wipes in recovery I suggested will touch the SD card so you don't need to worry about backing it up. If any did it would prevent you from actually being able to flash a rom

Upvote 0
Well, I did a wipe and installed the new 1.4. My home button doesn't do anything whatsoever, and gone are my reboot/shutdown options when I hold down the power button. Trying to investigate now...

Edit: Whew. Installed GApps. Working now. But gone is the ability to add more rows/columns in the CNDLauncher for some reason. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
Well, I did a wipe and installed the new 1.4. My home button doesn't do anything whatsoever, and gone are my reboot/shutdown options when I hold down the power button. Trying to investigate now...

Edit: Whew. Installed GApps. Working now. But gone is the ability to add more rows/columns in the CNDLauncher for some reason. Am I missing something?

oh i'll tell you EXACTLY what your missing.....
Nova Launcher, sorry but its the truth. its free in the market now in case you didnt know.

Upvote 0
oh i'll tell you EXACTLY what your missing.....
Nova Launcher, sorry but its the truth. its free in the market now in case you didnt know.

No no. You don't understand. I am using Nova free edition right now. I was wanting to not have to use a 3rd party launcher, and I wanted to use the different scroll effects that the stock launcher comes with, but Nova is certainly the best option right now.

The only thing keeping me from buying Prime is the $4 price tag. I paid for LauncherProPlus and look where that is getting me now? He hasn't updated the thing for like a year. I don't want to pay even more for this launcher to have the dev do the same thing to me down the road. I am torn though because I want to be able to have those transitions and hide drawer apps.

Edit: I figured out his logic on the paid version too. That poll he posted where people could request and vote for features was pure genius. He knew EXACTLY which features to charge for by whatever got the most votes. Prime example? (no pun intended) Hiding drawer apps.

Upvote 0
No no. You don't understand. I am using Nova free edition right now. I was wanting to not have to use a 3rd party launcher, and I wanted to use the different scroll effects that the stock launcher comes with, but Nova is certainly the best option right now.

The only thing keeping me from buying Prime is the $4 price tag. I paid for LauncherProPlus and look where that is getting me now? He hasn't updated the thing for like a year. I don't want to pay even more for this launcher to have the dev do the same thing to me down the road. I am torn though because I want to be able to have those transitions and hide drawer apps.

Edit: I figured out his logic on the paid version too. That poll he posted where people could request and vote for features was pure genius. He knew EXACTLY which features to charge for by whatever got the most votes. Prime example? (no pun intended) Hiding drawer apps.

Actually I think his logic was he is a dev who wishes to be compensated for his work. I can't blame him, he spent a good deal of time making what IMO is the best launcher option for ICS right now.

Your comment about buying LPP and it getting you nowhere now, Even if you used LPP for only 2 months you basically paid about 6

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones