[Verizon] [ROM] Codename Android for JB (updated 10/2)

Last Updated: 2012-12-14 14:59:43
  1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

DoctorEyeSight, do you use Titanium Backup (TiBU)? The Pro version allows you to batch backup ALL your apps and app data. You can even create a zip that installs TiBU to the app drawer from recovery instead of downloading it again from Play. On the other side of the ROM flash, just open TiBu and do a batch restore. In the opinion of many (including me), it's worth far more than the cost :)

EDIT: Dang it, I do NOT want to wipe my phone again and flash another ROM... but I just might have to for all this! :D

Advertisement
    DoctorEyeSight likes this.
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

1) JB has an issue with restoring apps. Not sure why.
    4) My VZW doesn't work on most ROMs
  3. DoctorEyeSight

DoctorEyeSight Well-Known Member

Hi, Yes, I do use Titanium backup. However, that will not resolve the current issues I am facing. I decided to do a nandroid instead as I was coming from ICS to Jelly Bean and didn't need to carry over any ICS files. I wanted to avoid phone corruption and do a clean install.
  4. quickaudi

3.1.0 link is up. Go get it! (Same post as Steven's link, just updated)
  5. DoctorEyeSight

Hi, thanks. Still wondering how to resolve the email issues I am facing (listed above).
  6. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Youtube, Gmail aren't part of gApps any more. I don't think the rest ever were. Get them from Market. :D
  7. DoctorEyeSight

Hi, good to know. Thanks. What about the email issues I am having & My Verizon mobile?

(2) I normally use Hotmail Application and when opening my e-mails, it does not show the attachment that comes along with the e-mail. I downloaded Adobe Reader and Documents To Go (.doc reader) and didn't resolve the issue.

(3) When logging in using the e-mail application, the screen stays on "Waiting for sync. Your email will appear soon." Waited for a while and the emails didn't appear.

(4) My Verizon Mobile does not work. States that a Client Login needs to be downloaded. I need this to work so that I can manage my talk/data limits.
  8. quickaudi

Has it been updated for JB?
  9. DoctorEyeSight

Hi,

(2) I figured that my Hotmail attachments were not opening because the Hotmail app (Check play store) is not supported with Jelly Bean. But why would it open emails and allow me to read and reply yet not view attachments?

(3) Why is main email app still showing me the same issue?
  10. colchiro

#3 could just be a glitch.

Reflash your rom and gApps after clearing both caches (don't wipe data) and see if that fixes it.

I flashed CM7 on my wifes Nook Color after wiping everything and couldn't get wifi to work. I reflashed CM7 and gApps and then it worked.
  11. DoctorEyeSight

Hello,

New issue:

I tested out my phone. Took it to the gym and YouTube videos were streaming only at 3g speeds and would cut off (pause) and I had to wait for it too load.

I used to have 4g strength back with ICS AOKP b40.
  12. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Was 4G on?
  13. colchiro

Make sure LTE is one of your toggles.
  14. quickaudi

Guesses:

2. The view attachments link in the app may need to change for JB.
    3. The email setup, if you copied it from TB, may need to be deleted and re-setup.
  15. quickaudi

my 4G works perfectly on this ROM - watched several videos on the NBC Live app with no skips.
  16. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Just loaded up 3.1, lovin it so far!
    I've heard an update may be coming soon so if you're waiting to flash you may want to wait a day or so.
    Trooper likes this.
  17. DoctorEyeSight

18. DoctorEyeSight

19. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

20. DoctorEyeSight

(3) I did not use titanium backup as I was coming from ICS and didn't want file corruption. I did a nandroid.
  21. DoctorEyeSight

It has been on 3g since I flashed it. I will re-flash with the new updates and see if it resolves my issues.
  22. The_Chief

Anyone else's Chrome-to-Phone not working? :confused:
  23. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

Clear data in the app. Log back into the app, and resend the link...
    The_Chief likes this.
  24. The_Chief

Well the old goat just learnt another trick... Thanks AndroiDad! :D
  25. colchiro

Did you try this yet (or is email fixed now)?